Legitimate Bra Holster? - Page 3

Legitimate Bra Holster?

This is a discussion on Legitimate Bra Holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I may regret chiming in but here goes... Until I sold my LC9 2 days ago, I used the flashband about 50% of the time ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Legitimate Bra Holster?

I may regret chiming in but here goes...

Until I sold my LC9 2 days ago, I used the flashband about 50% of the time and IWB the other. The Kydex didn't really irritate my skin, but was HOT (I live in FL). I planned to line the back in Dr Scholls but never got around to it.

Most of the pics show the snap at the bottom of the bra with the gun hanging below. It's hard to explain, but if you flip the strap around so the snap is at the top, the slide tucks in under the bra nicely, holds the gun tight to your body and the grip didn't print. I'm not well endowed only a B cup, and these things only work with a smaller gun, but it worked even for me. Actually, I LOVED wearing it because it was the best push up bra...ever!

Like any other holster, practice. I could pull it out without exposure. The trigger is completely covered by the kydex so when you pull it out keep your finger off the trigger just like anything else. With practice it becomes fluid.

My biggest concern when wearing it was I always worried what would happen when driving, if I got into an accident. The airbag would be hitting right there. I still wore it when driving, I just didn't wreck

Reholstering is a pain in the neck!!! The makers recommend you put it in the holster, then put on the bra. I totally agree. If you need to draw, put it in your purse or pocket until you get somewhere private. Once I did have the Kydex bump off my safety when I slid the gun into it. I was aware of that possibility from then on and opened it gently with my fingers to make sure the safety didn't catch. Of course with the long trigger pull of the LC9, it's not too concerning having the safety off, but when the barrell is pointing at my left one, I prefer the safety on!!

And I gotta say... 'gun rack" I've been giggling at that for 20 min!!!!!

I believe it would work for women with a certain kind of build. Problem is that one would have to go to the expense of buying one to see if it would work. If it doesn't....waste of money. I don't think it would work for me.

I would be more likely to use a "belly band" for a under the shirt carry.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links