Legitimate Bra Holster?

This is a discussion on Legitimate Bra Holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Flashbang Bra Holster | The Firearm Blog Great idea, bad idea, what say you? Another way to get women who hate IWB to carry besides ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Legitimate Bra Holster?

Legitimate Bra Holster?

Flashbang Bra Holster | The Firearm Blog

Great idea, bad idea, what say you? Another way to get women who hate IWB to carry besides the purse?

Here's another video by the designer that wasn't in that above link.

YouTube - Flashbang holster salesman demo

Not sure how I feel about her suggestion to shoot through a shirt, but overall it looks kind of neat. Glaring issues, thoughts?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    The draw will certainly distract an attacker momentarily. I does appear to be a viable option for a small lightweight firearm.
    multistage likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

The biggest issue I see in watching a couple of videos for it, is that usually when the woman uses her off hand to lift up her shirt, that arm is swept with the gun during the un-holstering process. That may, or may not be an issue for you, but some people don't like horizontal shoulder holsters for the same reason.

In general, you lose some fine motor skills when you get the adrenaline dump in a lethal situation, so I don't really want any part of my body being swept with my own weapon, but that is just my opinion.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Umm, I'm not a woman but that doesn't seem like a good holster to have. All joking aside, it looks like the shooter in the video got away with hiding it because it appears he chest is large(r). Take a woman that is flat chested and that gun is going to print. It also seemed like it is too easy for an AD with that holster along with too much movement of both hands.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I could watch her draw that pistol all day......seriously though way cool on the unique mod on holsters for women. I guess this actually puts the ladies at +1 for concealed options cause you won't find me wearing a bra holster. ;)

edit: could be a good back-up gun spot...
    swiftyjuan likes this.
    EDC: FN FNP-9 w/ three 16 rnd magazines. Mini Maglite.

" The unarmed man is not just defenseless, he is also contemptible." ~ Machiavelli.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    i was watching this and thinking it could be great for an on the vest holster, sew a thick piece of leather on top of the vest, attach holster, done.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Three things that caught my attention of this. 1) Having kydex next to the skin I would think can be irritating. Most IWB holsters seem to have some form of protective material between the holster and the skin to eliminate irritation and perspiration problems. The other 2 comments are more "lighthearted" but came to me as I read replies---2) If the woman is "flat chested", she can wear two holsters--double the defense and it will give her a great bustline and 3) great bullets!!

I'm no lady either but it looks like there would be a issue with printing and I agree with Kelcarry's comments I also think irritation and perspiration would be a problem. I don't think its a bad design,just needs a little fine tuning.
    I would rather die standing up than live life on my knees.

The big issue I see here is the fact that she is indeed sweeping her weak side arm and especially when reholstering. If your considering this holster, DO NOT REHOLSTER with a loaded gun.
    Also while her times were near 1.5 seconds, she was cheating by not bringing the gun up and sighting which would add a little more time. In a self defense close range shooting it might be ok and even neccessary to point shoot, but it makes the draw time seem better than it actually is when compared to a draw and aim shot from a different holster.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    The draw will certainly distract an attacker momentarily. I does appear to be a viable option for a small lightweight firearm.
    My wife could conceal a full sized 1911 in there

Distinguished Member
    I don't know about practicality, but I love the name!

*Flash* *Bang!*

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    The big issue I see here is the fact that she is indeed sweeping her weak side arm and especially when reholstering. If your considering this holster, DO NOT REHOLSTER with a loaded gun.
    Also while her times were near 1.5 seconds, she was cheating by not bringing the gun up and sighting which would add a little more time. In a self defense close range shooting it might be ok and even neccessary to point shoot, but it makes the draw time seem better than it actually is when compared to a draw and aim shot from a different holster.
    I was wondering if someone was going to comment on that. I found it gut-wrenching watching her re-holster with what appeared to be a loaded DAO with no safety. I'm not knocking the holster design, but proper form should be like that of a pocket holster - Which is remove the holster, holster the firearm, then replace the holstered firearm. What they were having her perform was an ND waiting to happen.

Need a bit of a bulge to hide that I am thinking. Probably even more so for the revolver versions.

I love her....
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

The bigger the bulge, the larger an item can be concealed in the recess below. Just like a large chest with a small waist below.

She appeared to be about three feet from the target, which would suggest that shooting from a retentive position was justified. Even so, I consider 1.5 seconds for a defensive draw, too slow.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links