Andrews Leather McDaniel ll Holster

This is a discussion on Andrews Leather McDaniel ll Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm brand new to this forum.....I've found a lot of valuable info here during searches, so thought I might as well join. I'm looking for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andrews Leather McDaniel ll Holster

Andrews Leather McDaniel ll Holster

I'm brand new to this forum.....I've found a lot of valuable info here during searches, so thought I might as well join. I'm looking for a new holster to wear strong side(3 or 4 o'clock) and just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Andrews Leather McDaniel ll. Im wondering how stable this holster is with one loop? Also about comfort? Any comments would be appreciated, as well as, other suggestions! Thanks and I look forward to your replies and to enjoying this forum!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I don't have experience with the Andrews holster, but in my experience, you can't beat a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro. I have 3 and they absolutely work. Great concealment and great retention. Comfortable to boot. - www.purekustomholsters.com
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Welcome to the DC Forum from Delaware! Oh, and I'll second the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro suggestion!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Sam Andrews makes top-of-the-line leather. My wife has two of his holsters. Just call Sam and talk to him.

Quick question about the MacDaniel II. From most of the pics I've seen of it, it always appears as part of the trigger, when holstering a 1911, is a bit exposed. Doesn't look nearly bad enough to be considered dangerous, but why not cover it up completely?

Can't answer that but did read somewhere that the pic at the site was an old pic and the trigger being covered isn't an issue!
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

My wife says "I should have plenty patience cause I've never used any", but I guess she's wrong! In my search, I kept coming back to Sam Andrews MacDaniel ll holster, so I gave 'Ol Sam a call......and everyone was right on both accounts....1) he's a fine gentleman....and 2) if you call him, you'll order a holster! No Patience is right! I went ahead and ordered a holster which should be ready to ship sometime around the end of June. Sam answered all my questions and I feel real comfortable with my choice to have him build a holster for my Sig 239. I'll still appreciate any and all feedback!

Sam is a top-notch guy. And quite the character if you get a chance to meet him in person. His gear is up there w the best. You made a good decision. My dad and I both used his gear when Pop was SO, and we tried to keep identical gear.

dan

You'll be happy.

I think so! Everything I've read about him and his Holsters has been positive. His turn around time isn't too bad, either! I don't like waiting.....when I want something, I want it NOW! I've ordered 3 Slide Guards from High Noon (great Holsters) and always paid the $50 rush fee....... That gets them to me in a week to 10 days......Sam seems to have a pretty good system going to keep from getting too backlogged. I'm sure his holster will be worth the short wait!

Here's my Sam Andrews stuff minus my 1911 mag holder and shoulder holster. Great guy to do business with and a great product.

Same holster other side

"Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Jeff F, thanks for the great pics! Seems like Sam's stuff is fairly thin?? What position do you wear this holster.....3, 3:30, 4, etc? Does it conceal as well for you as it seems to in all the reviews and posts I've read? Thanks again for your reply and pics!

Jeff F, PS: I notice you have the pancake and snap magazine pouches.....which do you like best? Does the magazine in the snap one dig into your back/side since it doesn't nave a body shield?

Seems like Sam's stuff is fairly thin
    I don't know. I guess it's thinner than my Milt Sparks holster, but not sure it's a bad thing. I kinda think my Sparks is a little too thick sometimes.
    What position do you wear this holster.....3, 3:30, 4, etc
    Actually about 0800. I'm left handed.
    Does it conceal as well for you as it seems to in all the reviews and posts I've read
    Does as good as any of the other holsters I have (Milt Sparks VM2, MTAC).
    I notice you have the pancake and snap magazine pouches.....which do you like best
    I prefer the pancake with the body shield far and above anything else I ever tried. The snap one without the shield was a gift from Sam and was much appreciated but I don't use it much.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Thanks Jeff, I like thin! You've been a great help.....thanks again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links