Another smart carry convert.

This is a discussion on Another smart carry convert. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thought I'd wait till the end of the week to post, since I started using it monday, but 3 days in, I'm sold. I work ...

Thread: Another smart carry convert.

Another smart carry convert.

Thought I'd wait till the end of the week to post, since I started using it monday, but 3 days in, I'm sold.

I work in an environment where 100% discretion is mandatory, also being tucked in and professional. For those strict requirements, my 642 in a Smart Carry is far superior to anything else I've tried.

I'm small at 5'5" and 147. That kind of limits things a bit, but untucked I can easily conceal my G27 in an AIWB rig. Tucked in is a lot more challenging.

Smart Carry is totally comfortable to the point where I'm not really even thinking about it by the 3rd day. But using it right really helps. I searched this forum for posts on this holster, and got all the info I needed. Wearing it low, with the butt centered behind the fly, and the barrel resting on the opposite leg, that's essential, at least for me. Having it off the centerline makes a huge difference in terms of comfort.

I found using the men's room not to be a problem at all, unlike many. Probably because I'm already wearing it more to the side. I'm still practicing the draw, but it's not bad. Certainly better than cargo pants pocket, which I also tried. I think it could be fairly fast with practice.

Also, Charlie is a great guy to work with. There was a problem with my order, and he called me personally the same night, and had it shipped to me right away. That matters.

I found that the holster I ordered to fit my 642 also works with my g27 just fine, but I wouldn't carry it that way, most likely. Given the choice, I'd much prefer AIWB, but for the majority of my week, I'm at work and don't have that option.

I'd think anyone who was under similar constraints would want to try this. But it does take some learning. First time I tried it, I tried it high and centered, and it was totally uncomfortable.
    Anybody can get scared, but you must absolutely not let that affect your behavior. Cowardice kills. -Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

I also wear a smartcarry all day, every day.

Carry a SP101 2-1/4" and a Bianchi speed strip with no problems whatsoever.

Highly recommended!

VIP Member
    I use mine when I can't do IWB. I carry my S&W M&P 340CT in it and can almost forget it's there!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

New SmartCarry user here too, love it!

Sent from HTC Thunderbolt

I use mine caring my CA Bulldog 44 spcl with a 2 1/2 " bbl I wear it with shorts or sweat pants, hides well if I adjust it right so it doesen't look like I am walking around with a glad to see you look if you know what I mean. ?

Yup, great holster. Once you get used to how well it conceals you don't want to IWB anymore. I carry my G26 all day everyday.

Links