In general: importance of canted/non-canted and molded/non-molded IWB holsters? - Page 2

In general: importance of canted/non-canted and molded/non-molded IWB holsters?

This is a discussion on In general: importance of canted/non-canted and molded/non-molded IWB holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 You definitely want a canted holster...the reduced arm lift heavily outweighs the needed muzzle lift needed (as Guantes points out). Canted ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In general: importance of canted/non-canted and molded/non-molded IWB holsters?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You definitely want a canted holster...the reduced arm lift heavily outweighs the needed muzzle lift needed (as Guantes points out). Canted holsters just carry more comfortably, IMHO.
    I would never use a holster IWB or OWB that didn't have SOME cant to it. I'm just sayin'...
    Have to disagree, retsup - I am faster with "straight drop" holsters myself, and from what I've seen in the "games" where speed is paramount, vertical holsters are very well represented. I do agree that, in general, a cant can make the holster more comfortable and concealable - just not faster (for me, anyway).
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Generally speaking, the type of draw used will effect the benefit (speed) derived from the amount of cant in the holster.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Like others said, I'd go for an inexpensive adjustable holster and try different positions and cants. For me, I learned that a straight-drop is more comfortable and concealable for my body shape. A canted holster would just twist until the gun was vertical regardless of what I did. Try different things!
    Last edited by Dleavitt; May 13th, 2011 at 01:19 PM. Reason: forgot a word
    Current armament:
    Ruger 10/22
    Remington 870 Express 20ga.
    S&W M&P40c
    S&W 642

I like straight drop for appendix carry......Public Secrets with clips for g 30 & g26......very strong secure clip and very high quality Holsters. Alessi Talon Plus, although has slight can't, clips to pants instead of belt and works well for appendix carry for me. Alessi is also great with the cant for strong side with belt covering clip......MS Summer Special 2 is awesome strong side. Both appendix and strong side are comfortable with the right design for your build. To each his own, but being in the Hunting Business over 25 years, I've learned not to be cheap when it comes to my equipment......you get what you pay for and there is a difference with "the good stuff"! There are a lot of quality holster makers around......giving you a lot of choice once you find where want to carry. I like to have a variety of holster styles so I can dress around my carry depending on circumstances and weather.....weather is a big factor here in South Texas! Good Luck......hope you find what works for you!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

The SuperTuck is a good holster, but it won't go completely vertical if that's what you want

Another option is the Remora No-Clip. It's cheap and infinitely adjustable, so you can experiment with different positions and angles

Sent from my phone
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links