Cane & Derby Pardus Kydex OWB...new stuff makes me giddy.

This is a discussion on Cane & Derby Pardus Kydex OWB...new stuff makes me giddy. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I freely admit that I have problems....but a lack of holsters is not one of them. This is my new Pardus OWB for my HK45 ...

Thread: Cane & Derby Pardus Kydex OWB...new stuff makes me giddy.

JD [OP]
    Administrator

Talking Cane & Derby Pardus Kydex OWB...new stuff makes me giddy.

I freely admit that I have problems....but a lack of holsters is not one of them.

This is my new Pardus OWB for my HK45 made by Cane & Derby , these guys simply rock. They worked very hard to meet my deadline to take the HK45 to TDI this weekend and the holster arrived today, I'm driving to Ohio tomorrow.

I have not laid hands on a Raven Concealment but this holster has to be just as good if not better at a fraction of the wait time (about 24 days for a "non-standard" item) and less for items they make lots of.

They have a variety of colors available, orange, gray, black, pink, LAPD Blue, OD, and coyote brown. They also have a "chocolate brown" and of course, black.

Here's a pic of the chocolate brown:

I went with the coyote as I just had a need for something different, if you look at a majority of the threads I've started in this section you'll see a lot of black holsters. I have a feeling a chocolate Pardus is in my future.

The website is easy to navigate, the sales persons I spoke with were super, I received emails when the order was placed, when it was done, and when it shipped. It left Florida yesterday and arrived today. I am simply thrilled....and the price was good as well.

Here's my holster

There's not belt that will be too big for these loops, will they be too big? I guess we'll find out on Saturday.

I haven't had a chance to wear it as I'm at work but I don't foresee any issues with the holster, it appears very well formed and the edges and hardware appear superb. The only sharp edges I've found are the edges on the inside of the loops, every else is nicely rounded. I don't think this would be an issue for those using Wilderness or 5.11 nylon belts but it's something I will be keeping an eye on.

They do have different attachment methods available and I will probably change out the kydex loops for some variety of snap on/off loops.

The holster has virtually no cant which is how I like them, seem like a lot of makers favor the FBI cant or their no cant holsters tend to stick out too far, this looks like it should ride nice and close.

I generally don't like saying this until I've used a piece of gear, but if you're looking for some quality Kydex, this is it.

2. Remove Ads

Looks like a well made holster to me, I will have to remember them if I decide I need Kydex.

Enjoy your time in Ohio, and wave "Hi" to the Cincinnati area for me. TDI is a top notch place, should be a good class.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    I've never seen kydex looking that sturdy. I assume you just flip the clips around for IWB? I'm liking it.

That is really sharp, congrats! I have to say it looks much sturdier than a Raven Phoenix, and that wait time is not bad at all. I might give them a try if I want to try some Kydex down the road!

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I've never seen kydex looking that sturdy. I assume you just flip the clips around for IWB? I'm liking it.
    Not sure it works like that, they have the rubberized snap loops available to be used for IWB use.

Administrator
    Looks interesting, I'd like the full report after your weekend. Wave as you pass by or give me a holler on my cellular device. I got to work all weekend
    "Just blame Sixto"

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Looks interesting, I'd like the full report after your weekend. Wave as you pass by or give me a holler on my cellular device. I got to work all weekend
    What shift you working?

Sent via Tapatalk...and still using real words.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    What shift you working?

1300-2300, but have the funeral and extra duty to cover others while they attend. So, I really have no idea what to expect in the next couple of days. But after this weekend, no more uniform. Its back to beard growing.
    "Just blame Sixto"

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Well I'll be driving so maybe Sunday night we can get some coffee somwehere.

I was seriously hoping you would post pics of this rig when you got it. I am look for a kydex rig for my soon to be had Glock 35. Looks very sturdy. I am still looking at this company and Kaluban Cloak
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    So far so good with the holster. One change I made was the loops. The holster actually held the gun too close to the body as pictured above. I unfastened the top screw of the loop and repositioned it to the rear panel and that kicked the butt out just a hair but for me it makes a world of difference.

I am the holster guru in my circle of gun buddies and I had never heard of Cane and Derby until you talked about them in your original thread. I can defintiely see me ordering one at some point.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links