OK all you Glock guys need to pick your brains

This is a discussion on OK all you Glock guys need to pick your brains within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got a new G26 on the way and need to know if the Comp-Tac MTAC that I'm currently using for my G36 will work with ...

Thread: OK all you Glock guys need to pick your brains

OK all you Glock guys need to pick your brains

Got a new G26 on the way and need to know if the Comp-Tac MTAC that I'm currently using for my G36 will work with the 26 without changing the kydex body. I know the length is obviously different but will the retention be the same or is there enough dimensional difference between the two that I need a new MTAC.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I can't say I've ever tried it myself, but I do not think it would work.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Should work fine.

I prefer a 'perfect' fit with my holsters, I'm just sayin'...but whatever works for ya'.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I prefer a 'perfect' fit with my holsters
    Well I'm sorta in that camp also, although there isn't a lot of difference in the length. I guess I'll just wait till I have it in my hands and just see how it works. Comp Tac is so quick about getting their holsters out I guess it's not really a huge problem.
    Hey Sixto, the wife and I will be in Ohio in a couple of weeks visiting relatives, won't be in your neck of the woods though. Mostly in Jefferson county.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff F View Post
    Hey Sixto, the wife and I will be in Ohio in a couple of weeks visiting relatives, won't be in your neck of the woods though. Mostly in Jefferson county.
    Well then every night at sundown, turn to the south and wave. I'll turn to the north and do the same.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    More than likely you can make it work, sort of. I doubt the retention will be the same if it does "fit". Personally, I would go for "proper" size.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I've carried the G36 in a MTAC for the G19. A little loose but it works as tightening the belt increases retention. I would imagine the G26 will ride although it may be a little snug at first.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Well most holster sites sell the 36 as the same holster for the 9 and 40 models. I would call comp tac and ask.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links