Low-Ride Holsters

Low-Ride Holsters

This is a discussion on Low-Ride Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Due to my peculiar body shape (small waist, large hips), I have issues with every belt holster I've ever used. Waist height is part of ...

Low-Ride Holsters

Due to my peculiar body shape (small waist, large hips), I have issues with every belt holster I've ever used. Waist height is part of this - the only way to make a belt holster work is for it to be much lower than normal on the belt line. So it appears that I need a low-ride holster.

In preparation for my next holster purchase (and to help out anybody else with the same issue) I'd like to create a low-riding holster list.

For starters:
    Ladies Gun Holster
    #5 "Patton" Holster

VIP Member
    Call Rocky at Pure Kustom Holsters. I have 3 of his Black Ops Pro Holsters and they sit at or below the belt they could be adjusted even further down.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Garrett Industries has multiple, interchangeable mounts for its Silent Thunder (and maybe other) Kydex holsters, including some low-ride mounts (both paddle and belt mount if I recall correctly).
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Call Rocky at Pure Kustom Holsters. I have 3 of his Black Ops Pro Holsters and they sit at or below the belt they could be adjusted even further down.
    I'll second this one.

I like the lip of my holsters to just clear the pant/belt-line. I *way* over-estimated the downward displacement of the belt-loops when I first got the holster.

Links