US PALM Defender Body Armor

This is a discussion on US PALM Defender Body Armor within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; US PALM has a product on the market intended for personal defense, primarily home and business protection. It's small, light weight and affordable body armor ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MilitaryArms

Thread: US PALM Defender Body Armor

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar

US PALM has a product on the market intended for personal defense, primarily home and business protection. It's small, light weight and affordable body armor that includes a holster, magazine pouches and several storage compartments.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    nerdyvirgin likes this.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

Thanks, excellent video as usual.

Do you use the back pockets for anything? Would the front pouch that you have your light in be big enough to hold a cell phone?
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    works great, unless the bad guy is shooting at you from your side
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

That's why he said face your target. Best way to hit them anyway...
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    works great, unless the bad guy is shooting at you from your side
    Actually, sides are quite hard to armor. I'd say its still better than nothing. Especially for a citizen that uses some common sense and barricades into the defense instead of trying to clear their house on their own. If you barricade, and there is one entrance, and you are facing that entrance, then a carrier like that is a good piece of kit to have.

But then again, it works great unless they shoot you in the head too...
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I haven't used the rear pouches for anything. Right now I just have it loaded with a pistol, 3 mags and a Surefire. That's because I'm using it only for a home defense tool right now and I feel that's all I would need for that role.

As for the usefulness of the armor, even with vests that offer more coverage instructors will teach you to stand square to the threat to maximize the protection of the armor. Side panels have failed many times over the years causing severe injury and death for police officers. Your best bet is to square your shoulders to any threat.

I believe this armor is far better than nothing and gives the wearer an advantage. The light weight, size and ease of use (putting it on in a hurry) is the advantage it offers the user.

Great review video, though I must say that you were sweeping your weak arm every time you reholstered your weapon, and once or twice it looked like you grazed your torso

You'll have that with the way the holster is mounted. Unfortunately no real way around it unless he tucks his arm behind his back before he reholsters.
    I'm thinking one of those back pouches would be good for a small trauma kit.

I've actually been looking at this set-up for a few weeks, and this review greatly helped in making the decision to get the armor. Thanks.

I think you'll like the armor, I do. I was skeptical at first but after using it for a while now I've come to really like it. It seems to be a nearly perfect compromise of size, weight, ease of use and protection.

have you worn it with just the front plate? if so, do you notice the imbalance?

I haven't worn it for any length of time with just the front plate. I can over the weekend and get back to you though.

mel
    I like the concept, what does this ballpark $$ for?

Watch the review all the way through he lists a few prices. I think $299 for front and back armor, and $199 for just the front having armor. I'm gonna drop the extra $100 for the back.

I really like this idea. Might even look into getting a set with the next check.

Links