Ready Holster, the good and bad.

This is a discussion on Ready Holster, the good and bad. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been looking for some new holsters for a while. The problem I always have is that when I go into a store most ...

Thread: Ready Holster, the good and bad.

Ready Holster, the good and bad.

I have been looking for some new holsters for a while. The problem I always have is that when I go into a store most of the holsters are sealed in a package. Even if they aren't, I'm not just going to whip my gun out and try it in the holster. besides, I have more than one gun.

The other day I discovered an auction on ebay and they have a neat little java application that allows you to pick the exact make and model of your gun then select if you want a hip, tactical, ankle, etc. type holster. Then it points you to the exact product. This was great news for me because I knew it would fit.

Well, I ordered an ankle holster for my tiny Tauras TCP .380. I like it! It fits well and I can barely feel it. I tried jumping up and down and jogging. It hides perfectly under the leg of my jeans and is not that hard to get to in a hurry.

However, I ordered an inside-the-pants holster for my Glock 19. Even though the gun fits in the holster well, the clip that holds the holster in the pants sucks. It took several minutes to convince the clip to attach to my pants and once it was there, I had to actually remove my pants in order to get the darned thing disconnected from my pants! This will not do!

So I am still in search of a good in the pants holster for my Glock 19. In the past I have used an "Uncle Mike's" but it is worn out and none of my local stores seem to carry that one anymore. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Google:

handgun holsters - Google Search

Read lots from this forum and get a really big box to put them in.

Personally, I like the Crossbreed SuperTuck for my G19. Lots of good stuff out there.

Oh, and get ready for a million different holster recommendations.

Good luck!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Don't use an IWB with only one clip and get a supertuck you wont regret it!!!!
    “Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.” Han Solo

You can't go wrong with Hays Holsters ( a sponsor) or Simply Rugged. They are both top quality and Jeff Hays will call you if he has a question! And Rob or Jan (SR) will E-Mail you back in a hurry. Good luck.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

My suggestion is click on the Pure Kustom link at the top of this page and check them out. The Black Ops Pro can be worn IWB or OWB, with different cants, in about 23 different variations.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I use high noon for just about all my holster needs, their "Shipping items" tend to be solid holsters, get to you in under a week, and don't hurt the wallet too bad.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Siddhartha View Post
    Don't use an IWB with only one clip and get a supertuck you wont regret it!!!!
    Nothing wrong with a well designed single clip affixed to a well engineered holster; plenty of people are pleased with the Garrett Holsters Silent Thunder IWB, FIST single clip designs, and the High Noon series of single clip IWB. A single clip only really becomes cumbersome in firearms over about 40 oz when two clips or attachment points help to distribute the weight. The Glock 19 is barely over 30 oz loaded so there's no problem there.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    You can't go wrong with Hays Holsters ( a sponsor) or Simply Rugged. They are both top quality and Jeff Hays will call you if he has a question! And Rob or Jan (SR) will E-Mail you back in a hurry. Good luck.
    Jeff is qute a pleasure to work with; as for the Simply Rugged, my Silver Dollar for my SP101 gave up it's retention a scant month after getting it and I mainly only use it for yard work or AIWB carry. I'm not sure if mine is indicative of the quality of Simply Rugged, though with my luck I got a lemon!

The Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro is a lovely choice if you have the income necessary to afford one, personally I don't.

Another contender is UBG Holsters; Nate is easy to work with to get exactly what you need for a more than competitive price!

Again...I can't say enough great things about Nate at UBG Holsters (UBG Holsters) ....great worksmanship, quality leather--he's my go-to for leather holsters.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Ready Holster Instructional Video

If you use the right technique it makes it a lot easier to put on and take off the clip. Take a look at this video:

www.readyholster.com/instructions

Links