Glock 36 Blackhawk Serpa ?

This is a discussion on Glock 36 Blackhawk Serpa ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone know which Blackhawk Serpa holster model will work for a Glock 36? I've looked over a dozen online supplier sites, and even the Blackhawk ...

Thread: Glock 36 Blackhawk Serpa ?

Glock 36 Blackhawk Serpa ?

Anyone know which Blackhawk Serpa holster model will work for a Glock 36?

I've looked over a dozen online supplier sites, and even the Blackhawk site and can't find a holster listed for the Glock 36.

Just wondering if anyone uses a Serpa with a Glock 36 and knows whick one of their holsters listed for other model Glocks will work with the 36 ?

Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I have on for my glock 17.I love it for when I am outside puppering around.I know if you have 4-wheelers this is the holster I'd want.It has a nice lock button
    on the outside that snaps in so you know your pistol locked in.Regular carry I use it in winter because holster is rather thick. I've had mine going two years
    no issues.

If you can't find it, even on the Blackhawk website, perhaps they don't make it?

The 36 is kind of an oddball glock, in that it tends to not be as interchangeable with gear as the other models.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

All five of my Glocks (including a G-36) ride in these... HOLSTERS
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    If you can't find it, even on the Blackhawk website, perhaps they don't make it?

The 36 is kind of an oddball glock, in that it tends to not be as interchangeable with gear as the other models.
    You are right ! I was just wondering if anyone had found that one of the Serpa holsters listed for another model Glock will also work for the 36.

I have several leather holsters for it, I was just interested in the Blackhawk Serpa.

I thought I had a Blackhawk Serpa around here somewhere, so I went looking through cabinets out in the garage and finally found it. The marking on the bottom say it is for a Glock model 17 and 22. It has both the belt loop and paddle attachments. I sure don't need it, would be willing to send it to someone for just the shipping reimbursement cost if anyone wants it.

A G36 is almost the same size as a G19. Most G19 holsters should work fine for a G36; mine do.

Quote Originally Posted by chasbo00 View Post
    A G36 is almost the same size as a G19. Most G19 holsters should work fine for a G36; mine do.
    Thanks. I found an e-bay ad this morning that listed a Blackhawk Serpa for both the 19 and 36, so I think I'll give it a try.

Blackhawk New CF SERPA CQC Holster RH Glock 19/23/32/36 | eBay

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    I've carried the SERPA for many years and with several different types of handguns, and have found them to be good quality holsters. While I've never had an issue with my SERPA's as a civilian, those who use them in harsh environments such as Military or LEO work report several problems with the holsters. I had a long debate about this with several guys on WarriorTalk and at their urging did a quick test of the lock system. Here's what I found.

They also pointed to problems with the design of the release button and that many trainers now ban SERPA's from training use because it's unsafe. They claim that people have had accidental discharges when drawing their weapons quickly under stress. They say that pushing the release button leaves your index finger in the position to fall straight into the trigger guard and onto the trigger.

Again, I've never had this issue but then I've not taken any rigorous training courses and used a SERPA.

Anyway, the video above is something to consider if you're planning on using this holster in a situation where you might have to grapple with a bad guy on the ground, or if you live in a desert environment like the South West.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

Links