Question for those who carry a Glock 19

This is a discussion on Question for those who carry a Glock 19 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a G19 specifically for carry. Looking for IWB holster recommendations. I've used Blade-tech in the past with no problem, but I wanted some ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for those who carry a Glock 19

Question for those who carry a Glock 19

I bought a G19 specifically for carry.
    Looking for IWB holster recommendations. I've used Blade-tech in the past with no problem, but I wanted some input for those who carry the same gun.
    Your input is appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

The G19 is a very popular carry pice. I bet you wont have a very hard time finding a holster, that will make the Glock 19 fit like a glove. I curently use a super cheap KNJ holster($15). It is very secure. To the point that I dont need to wear a thick gun belt with it., confortable, It makes my G19 invisable. Even it a tight fiting Teeshirt and jeans., and its padded nylon. Wich is a good thing when your dealing with heavy humitity.

A holster is a very personal thing. Everyones frame, and confortabe spots are different. Im lucky enough to find most holsters secure, confortable, concealable, and easy to draw/one hand reholster. Others have a closet full of holsters that "dont work" for them, even with a single carry pice.
    Last edited by gregarat; July 26th, 2006 at 11:49 PM.

Eric45; you'll get info here, plus I'd suggest you make such a post over on Glock Talk, given the gun-specific nature of your question.

As for me, I'd recommend a Milt Sparks product, either the Watch Six or Versa Max. Both have a fine reputation for quality and function. If you're interested, order soon, since there's about a 5 month wait.

Good luck.

I carry my Glock 19 in a Desantis Inner Piece. Cost me $40 at a gun show, brand new, and I love it. Desantis makes very nice holsters and they are reasonably priced, check them out.

I also have one of Fobus's new IWB polymer holsters. Definetely cheaper, paid $17 for it, but I've found it secure and comfortable. Not a bad rig for the price.

Comptac C-Tac - fast delivery, great quality, comfortable and adjustable.

G19 Holster

+1 on Comp-Tac.

Although I carry an XD-9sc or an XD-9 Service model.

-- Richard

Check out Highnoon holsters (highnoonholsters.com). They have a wide variety of holsters: IWB, OWB etc. They produce a fine product which I carry my Glock 19 in daily. Check out their site...I think you will be impressed by the ease of navigating and will notice the quality time put into building the website (FAQ, GREAT PICTURES!)

I have always great luck concealing my CCW's with the Comp-Tac Gurkha but had been using the Threat Solutions UCR because it is an even flatter profile.

A very strong +1 on the Comp-Tac CTAC! Also, get yourself a sturdy belt. I recommend the Wilderness 5-stitch Instructor's belt: It works great
    Proud member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy:
    http://www.xanga.com/jaltered

My vote is for the Brommeland MaxConV. My G-19 disappears under a t-shirt with this rig, and super comfortable to boot.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    --GEORGE ORWELL

I was in the same situation a week or so ago. I just bought a G19 and was researching IWB holsters. Came down to Brommeland Max Con V, Milt Sparks Versa Max II, (both basically the same), and the Com-Tac CTAC.

I just ordered my Brommeland M.C.V and the wait is between 15 and 20 weeks. I heard similar wait times for the Milt Sparks. So in the mean time, I am going to get the CTAC. Usually order and receive in a week.

So then you get the best of both worlds. High quality leather that's comfortable and functional and Kydex adjustable cant holster that you can taylor to your needs and that has a great reputation.

Can't go wrong with any of the above.

I initially praised the CTAC, but since then I've found it extremely uncomfortable. I'm sticking to leather.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightRambler
    I initially praised the CTAC, but since then I've found it extremely uncomfortable. I'm sticking to leather.
    Can you elaborate please? I have heard zero complaints about the CTAC, so this would be my first. I don't own it, just going off of other people's reviews. It is next in my line of purchases, but I would like to hear your reasoning first.

Thanks.

I also tried out the CTAC for a 5" steel 1911. Concealed fine, but the plastic bits dug into me no matter where I positioned the darn thing. Just my body type I guess, I didn't like the Milt Sparks VMII either. Go figure. I gave away the CTAC, the VMII looks just too darned nice to get rid of, even though I will never wear it again. :p

FWIW, even though the OP did not ask, my G19 is carried OWB in a Bianchi Black Widow.

Thanks for the input fellas.
    Ordered a CompTac CTAC, will post a review after I try it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links