New "Gun Belt" for $20 - Page 3

New "Gun Belt" for $20

This is a discussion on New "Gun Belt" for $20 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; good to know i get dickies belts at WW for 10$ and have a year and half on one of those and it is still ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 76
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: New "Gun Belt" for $20

  1. #31
    cmb
    cmb is offline
    Senior Member Array cmb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    829
    good to know i get dickies belts at WW for 10$ and have a year and half on one of those and it is still doing well and found a new faded glory stiffened work belt with reinforced holes and am trying that one for 12$ now... I never even thought of tractor supply thanks for the news!
    "The greatest pride is to think you are humnble enough." CS Lewis

    "Woe to those who call evil, good and good, evil." Isaiah 5.20

    "Sin is a disguised form of insanity." Al Mohler


  2. #32
    Member
    Array rigel42's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    476
    [Incorrect Product Links Removed]

    I have a friend who is looking for a fair-priced quality gunbelt. I'll pass this info over to him and if it lives up to the hype I'll pick one up for myself. A backup belt can't be a bad thing.
    Last edited by rigel42; August 3rd, 2011 at 11:47 AM.

  3. #33
    VIP Member
    Array WHEC724's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    6,609
    Quote Originally Posted by rigel42 View Post
    C.E. Schmidt® Men's Workwear Leather Belt, Black - 709869899 | Tractor Supply Company

    C.E. Schmidt® Men's Workwear Leather Belt, Brown - 724397699 | Tractor Supply Company

    I have a friend who is looking for a fair-priced quality gunbelt. I'll pass this info over to him and if it lives up to the hype I'll pick one up for myself. A backup belt can't be a bad thing.
    BTW, I wouldn't consider all belts from TS as potential gun belts. I looked at the two you've linked and can tell you that they are not very stiff. The reinforced stitching on the belt that Smolz originally posted is the one that is one that has potential.
    __________________________________
    'Clinging to my guns and religion

  4. #34
    VIP Member Array smolck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,282
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    BTW, I wouldn't consider all belts from TS as potential gun belts. I looked at the two you've linked and can tell you that they are not very stiff. The reinforced stitching on the belt that Smolz originally posted is the one that is one that has potential.
    Indeed. I looked at those, but I don't think they would work. They had two I considered. But in the end, the one I bought was the only one I thought would hold a 1911 and not look too dressy as well.

  5. #35
    Member
    Array rigel42's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    BTW, I wouldn't consider all belts from TS as potential gun belts. I looked at the two you've linked and can tell you that they are not very stiff. The reinforced stitching on the belt that Smolz originally posted is the one that is one that has potential.
    good catch, thanks

  6. #36
    Member Array Flasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pocono Mtns, PA
    Posts
    174
    I'm headed over to Tractor Supply this afternoon!
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

    A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

  7. #37
    VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    2,558
    Me too, they have one on hold for me to look at - just hoping they have a black version. :)

  8. #38
    Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cleveland/Shaker Heights, Ohio - USA
    Posts
    1,424
    So, here's my take on "cheap non-gun-belt" gun-belts:

    My true-EDC is a XDm9 3.8 Compact, in a PureKustom Black Ops Pro, using the standard belt-loops. This makes the rig nearly invisible on a plain black belt.

    I have a Beltman bullhide. But you know what? it's actually not my preferred belt.

    I actually like my el-cheapo Hank's Amish Belt a little better, for this holster/loops.

    This is because although the Amish Belt is nowhere nearly as "stiff" as the Beltman, it doesn't matter much - it's so thick that, when tightened properly, it doesn't matter. What's more, that thickness makes for a tight fit of the holster's belt loops. Occasionally, I find that with my Beltman belt (of the same 1.5 inch width as the Amish Belt), the holster slips a little, requiring some readjustment (i.e. multiple in/out of the car): nothing of that type, with the Hank's el-cheapo.

    Does this mean that the Beltman isn't worth the money? Hardly - I love it, with my Kahr PM9 inside a Garrett Silent Thunder Slim II.

    Just because a belt is "cheap" doesn't necessarily mean that it can't be used as a "gun belt."

    Sure, I like my ARES Ranger, but like the Beltman/Amish Belt comparison, for some things, I prefer my 6+ year-old SOE Rigger's Belt, which was some $40 cheaper and I got, literally, "off the shelf," without the 8-week wait of the ARES.

    Again, it's not the price. Sure, you get what you pay for - but there's a lot of different considerations, and a "weak" trait of one belt or another can be made up for by another trait where it may be strong.

  9. #39
    Member Array jarhead74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    299
    good find!
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."
    Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

  10. #40
    VIP Member Array smolck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,282
    Quote Originally Posted by TSiWRX View Post
    So, here's my take on "cheap non-gun-belt" gun-belts:

    My true-EDC is a XDm9 3.8 Compact, in a PureKustom Black Ops Pro, using the standard belt-loops. This makes the rig nearly invisible on a plain black belt.

    I have a Beltman bullhide. But you know what? it's actually not my preferred belt.

    I actually like my el-cheapo Hank's Amish Belt a little better, for this holster/loops.

    This is because although the Amish Belt is nowhere nearly as "stiff" as the Beltman, it doesn't matter much - it's so thick that, when tightened properly, it doesn't matter. What's more, that thickness makes for a tight fit of the holster's belt loops. Occasionally, I find that with my Beltman belt (of the same 1.5 inch width as the Amish Belt), the holster slips a little, requiring some readjustment (i.e. multiple in/out of the car): nothing of that type, with the Hank's el-cheapo.

    Does this mean that the Beltman isn't worth the money? Hardly - I love it, with my Kahr PM9 inside a Garrett Silent Thunder Slim II.

    Just because a belt is "cheap" doesn't necessarily mean that it can't be used as a "gun belt."

    Sure, I like my ARES Ranger, but like the Beltman/Amish Belt comparison, for some things, I prefer my 6+ year-old SOE Rigger's Belt, which was some $40 cheaper and I got, literally, "off the shelf," without the 8-week wait of the ARES.

    Again, it's not the price. Sure, you get what you pay for - but there's a lot of different considerations, and a "weak" trait of one belt or another can be made up for by another trait where it may be strong.
    Well said. I will buy a nice expensive leather belt one day, but for now this works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Me too, they have one on hold for me to look at - just hoping they have a black version. :)
    I don't think it does. I would have bought one if they did. If you find one let me know. They did have a black one that might have worked, but not as rugged IMO.

  11. #41
    Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,219
    I picked one of these up from TS. It's heavy duty, but it isn't the stiffest belt. I went and had additional holes punched in between the existing - so now I have a bunch of 1/2" holes. The belt will stretch a little bit, so this compensated for that issue. Its probably not near the quality of a good gun belt, but it works for me, for now. For the price, you can't beat it.

  12. #42
    Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    1,473
    Quote Originally Posted by jem102 View Post
    Thanks for the tip! Stopped in yesterday and bought this one. It has an extra piece sewn into the center, a roller buckle and appears very well made for 20 bucks. Time will tell.
    Ditto! I have a newly opened TSC that opened about 1/2 mile form me. Never gave a thought of shopping there for a belt. And, as luck would have it, I need a new one...

  13. #43
    Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    1,390
    -
    Thanks! I think I'll visit my local Tractor Supply. I was just thinking about visiting Streicher's to look at the high-dollar models, so this should save me a few $$.

    By the way, the Tractor Supply Company Web site only lists 4 types of C.E. Schmidt belts (smolck's model doesn't show) - I talked to an employee by phone & she assured me that they have way more than that!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

  14. #44
    VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    2,558
    Just picked one up today, thanks for the heads up! I called and asked if they had that particular SKU, and they did... Now if they'd make a black version, all the black ones felt pretty flimsy.

    Can't wait to try it out tonight.

  15. #45
    VIP Member Array smolck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Just picked one up today, thanks for the heads up! I called and asked if they had that particular SKU, and they did... Now if they'd make a black version, all the black ones felt pretty flimsy.

    Can't wait to try it out tonight.
    Hey Thunder71,

    How'd it go?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

amish gun belt

,

cheap gun belt

,

cheap gun belts

,

don hume gun belt

,

don hume gun belts

,
faded glory gun belt
,

faded glory work belt

,
good cheap gun belt
,
inexpensive gun belt
,

milt sparks gun belt

,

milt sparks gun belts

,

tractor supply gun belt

Click on a term to search for related topics.