New "Gun Belt" for $20

This is a discussion on New "Gun Belt" for $20 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have one of these and a Wilderness Instructors Belt and a couple of double thickness gun belts. It is fine for IWB carry and ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: New "Gun Belt" for $20

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    I have one of these and a Wilderness Instructors Belt and a couple of double thickness gun belts. It is fine for IWB carry and I think it would be OK for OWB carry with a lighter gun.

Jim

2. Remove Ads

I was curious to see how they were holding up long term, I was thinking of getting one to hold me over before I decide on which DC approved gun belt to get, and then wait the inevitable shipping time, where as I can drop in the store and have something that works that's a step above the normal kohls/walmart/target/jcpeney/macy flimsyness; but I also didn't want to just throw $20 down the drain, so I only want to get one if it's a valid option for regular carry.

Glock Certified Armorer

This is a great find! I will be checking TS out for one of these myself very soon!

Like you, I have kids, 5 of them in fact and always need to find ways to save money. This would be ideal!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    I picked a couple the C.E. Schmidt Workwear belts from Tractor Supply Inc. last week. One appears to be the same item that smolck had pointed out in the OP (TS7504-20), although the rest of the UPC numbers aren't the same.

These belts are brown & one is approx. 1-9/16" & the other is approx. 1-7/16". The smaller of the two fits the narrower belt loops of Dockers pants & I'm also using it with my shorts. The larger will be relegated for use with my jeans in cooler weather. The thickness of both belts is approx. 3/16", which is slightly thicker than standard belts & much more rigid.

dsc05104 1280X960.jpgdsc05108 1280X960.jpg

The color of the narrower belt is a little light for my tastes, so I think I'll try darkening it with a little liquid brown polish. I do like the added stability that they provide for my holster over the limpness of standards belts.

I'll report back in a few months with a durability status.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    I picked a couple the C.E. Schmidt Workwear belts from Tractor Supply Inc. last week. One appears to be the same item that smolck had pointed out in the OP (TS7504-20), although the rest of the UPC numbers aren't the same.

These belts are brown & one is approx. 1-9/16" & the other is approx. 1-7/16". The smaller of the two fits the narrower belt loops of Dockers pants & I'm also using it with my shorts. The larger will be relegated for use with my jeans in cooler weather. The thickness of both belts is approx. 3/16", which is slightly thicker than standard belts & much more rigid.

dsc05104 1280X960.jpgdsc05108 1280X960.jpg

The color of the narrower belt is a little light for my tastes, so I think I'll try darkening it with a little liquid brown polish. I do like the added stability that they provide for my holster over the limpness of standards belts.

I'll report back in a few months with a durability status.
    I have been using one of the SKU #7533478 for several months now and very pleased with how its holding up...time will tell.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Has anyone been able to find a black alternative?

Just ordered the Black Amish belt. It appears heavy enough, and as being made of strap leather, it should be strong enough for many years of CCW wearing. tHANKS FORM THE TIP..
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can NOT be taken away unless it is surrendered.

will this fit with a crossbreed super tuck or is it too wide?
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

The crossbreed super-tuck if I remember correctly, can accommodate up to 1-3/4 inch belt. This will work just fine.
    Last edited by TXbushwacker; August 13th, 2011 at 11:18 AM. Reason: spelling error
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can NOT be taken away unless it is surrendered.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Bought this at Tractor Supply Company for $19.99. As stiff as Don Hume Leather belts, thick (see pic next to finger for reference) and comfy. I don't have $100 for a good belt (4 kids, 1 income) and this one holds my 1911 with 9 rounds no problem, no sagging. Will it last? We'll see, but at $21.57 out the door, how can I go wrong.

They have one that looks just like this but is thinner so make sure you get the thicker one if you go this route.

I took a pic of the item # to help. Had a couple others that would work too.

Hope this helps those of you like me with tight budgets!
    I swung into TS this morning and bought one. I've been wearing it all day so far and I really like it. It is very think for a single layer belt and it is rigid. I tried it with several holsters for the Glock 23, the XD 40 and my CW9. Obviously, the CW9 doesn't cause and sag in the belt, it weighs next to nothing. The G23 and the XD40 both are much heavier guns and they don't cause any sag in the belt either.

This belt is a good bit thicker than the Dickies belt I have been wearing from a while now and it was about due to be replaced anyway.

So far, I am finding this belt to be a winner.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I went to my local TS and got one as well today. Its still in my truck though, havent tried it yet.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TXbushwacker View Post
    Just ordered the Black Amish belt. It appears heavy enough, and as being made of strap leather, it should be strong enough for many years of CCW wearing. tHANKS FORM THE TIP..
    Quote Originally Posted by trainercb View Post
    will this fit with a crossbreed super tuck or is it too wide?
    Quote Originally Posted by TXbushwacker View Post
    The crossbreed super-tuck if I remember correctly, can accommodate up to 1-3/4 inch belt. This will work just fine.
    For the Hank's Amish Belt, this really depends on the "clip" used.

With the CBST's standard Cross-embossed metal clip, you won't have a problem at all. There's actually a little room still left over, just like TXbushwacker said.

With their J-Clip, however, the belt is actually just slightly too thick (not it's width, but it's thickness), so that when you start moving, you'll eventually have the clip popping off the belt. It's possible that with enough wear, the belt will compress a bit at the stress points and allow the J-Clip to seat completely and not displace, but I cannot testify to that, either way.

Yes, I own the combo, and yes, that's from personal experience.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Thunder71: I swear that I saw at least one of the thicker ones in black, probably in a smaller size. Perhaps they are in higher demand? If you stop out there, ask them if they have a buyer's catalog that you could look at...they seem like nice enough people.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

True, thanks - good idea. They have always been very personable there, you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I went in today and picked up the thickest black one I could find on the rack, whole heck of a lot better than the shorter, thinner Walmart special I had been using but was falling apart, but not as thick or sturdy as I was hoping, I'll get photos up later tonight to compare with what's already been mentioned. It'll serve it's purpose, I'm just not convinced that I've found the good one yet.

Glock Certified Armorer

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links