New "Gun Belt" for $20

This is a discussion on New "Gun Belt" for $20 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ha! I bought the same belt at TSC in April when I got too fat for my $100 gun belts. And they had black. Pretty ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: New "Gun Belt" for $20

Ha! I bought the same belt at TSC in April when I got too fat for my $100 gun belts. And they had black. Pretty good for a double sawbuck, but not so good OWB. But, I'm happy with it till a few pounds fall off. I thought it was stretching, but the scales say not.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

2. Remove Ads

A good black option is the Cabelas Double Duty belt. I'm two years on mine, still using the original hole, and no where near replacing it.

I carry a Taurus 24/7 45 in a supertuck

That said the problem I have is its a little too thick for my security badge clip and my BlackBerry holster for work.

I know this is kind of an old thread but Ive been searching high and low for this belt. I cant find one anywhere smaller than a 36 and I at least need a 34, 32 would be even better. However, one TSC store informed me that they were discontinued and all the stock left would be from old stock. Anyone else having bad luck?

I just picked up the same one as the OP, they only had that style in size 38 I prefer size 36 belts I'm a 32 pant, but its a perfect fit on the last hole and not too much excess.

It's the perfect thickness for the Comp-Tac holsters snaps nicely into place. I'm pretty impressed and wouldn't have ever thought to look at TSC.

Just FYI, I am still loving my belt. It is great with my M&P compact. One thing I did do is add a hole between the existing holes for a perfect fit. Just used a drill bit and done. It holds up just fine. So if you need to tweak it, go ahead, it can handle it.

Sucks to hear they are discontinuing it. May have to go grab another one.
    JerryMac likes this.

Yep, me too - thanks again for the info, I went and picked one up a few months ago. Been trying to find an equivalent black one ever since :)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Yep, me too - thanks again for the info, I went and picked one up a few months ago. Been trying to find an equivalent black one ever since :)
    They don't exist. Sort of like a pro gun liberal.
    RTTR84 and vista461 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    That's a great deal. I'm gonna have to check out Tractor Supply. Here's another option, Amish belts. I've heard very good reviews about them.

Hank's Clothing-Amish Belts
    I picked up the Amish belt from Hanks and I'm pretty happy with it. I've never owned one of the $100 gunbelts but the Hanks belt seems to perform pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Just FYI, I am still loving my belt. It is great with my M&P compact. One thing I did do is add a hole between the existing holes for a perfect fit. Just used a drill bit and done. It holds up just fine. So if you need to tweak it, go ahead, it can handle it.

Sucks to hear they are discontinuing it. May have to go grab another one.
    If they are discontinued that could explain the very limited selection, they had 2 others "similar" to the one I got just a tad less stiff but the same thickness and color that were my exact size, I might pick up one of those just to have as a spare, these seem really good for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Here is another good cheaper belt.

Cabela's: Cabela's Double Duty Belt
    This is what I use also, although since I am overweight I do also wear perry suspenders. With the suspenders I do not even have to tighten the belt all that much. Basically if you have the type of build that requires you to keep hoisting up your pants to avoid plumber crack before you started carrying then it's going to be worse once you hang a gun on the belt.

I got the Cabela's Double Duty too, for whatever reason some of them at the Cabelas in Richfield were marked down to 19.99, so I picked one up. Happened to get to a Cabelas before I made it to a TSC.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    This is what I use also, although since I am overweight I do also wear perry suspenders. With the suspenders I do not even have to tighten the belt all that much. Basically if you have the type of build that requires you to keep hoisting up your pants to avoid plumber crack before you started carrying then it's going to be worse once you hang a gun on the belt.
    Wish I had a Cabela's local. That is a double layer belt, the one from TSC is single layer (albeit very thick).

Hey, if it works that's what matters. I personally like Ares or wilderness belts. I know that is not everyone's cup of tea. I may check your tractor supply belts out as a leather alternative for lighter days.

I love TSC...... between that and local grocery, i need to shop nowhere else.
    smolck likes this.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Bought this at Tractor Supply Company for $19.99. As stiff as Don Hume Leather belts, thick (see pic next to finger for reference) and comfy. I don't have $100 for a good belt (4 kids, 1 income) and this one holds my 1911 with 9 rounds no problem, no sagging. Will it last? We'll see, but at $21.57 out the door, how can I go wrong.

They have one that looks just like this but is thinner so make sure you get the thicker one if you go this route.

I took a pic of the item # to help. Had a couple others that would work too.

Hope this helps those of you like me with tight budgets!
    Man, I kick myself for not checking here first. There is a TSC twenty minutes from my house. I just sent $40 to Galco for a belt that probably is no better than that one.
    Bill
    "If I were the Devil, I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious."-Paul Harvey, 1964

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links