Holster help...PLEASE - Page 2

Holster help...PLEASE

This is a discussion on Holster help...PLEASE within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Guys, I was out of town for the weekend, just got back on line this morning. I appreciate your imput, everyones imput. Seems like everybody ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Holster help...PLEASE

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Guys, I was out of town for the weekend, just got back on line this morning. I appreciate your imput, everyones imput. Seems like everybody is saying pretty much the same thing, It's the belt. I can't bring myself to spend $200.00+ on a "Beltman Elephant" as much as I'd like to have one, but I will go on-line today and get one ordered. The 2-point holster advise makes a lot of sense. I'll take a look at some today also. Heck I may even splurge and get an IWB and an OWB. I'm just tired of not carrying the gun I want to carry. Thanks again, Gentlemen. If I have any questions on different models, I will P.M.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Check out a Wilderness Tactical 5 stitch. I finally did and I love it. I also have an A&g belt and it works great as well.

I got a Don Hume from Midway, a great investment in my opinion ; and the money is right. I am getting ready to get another as I have lost enough weight that I needed a new gun belt , I was never satisfied with any belt that I had before this Don Hume and now I could not live without it . For less than $35, a very cheap investment ... and a wear forever belt at that .
    A hand gun is like a fire extinguisher , I wish to use neither, but have both on hand in case of need ; both are personal protection devices that serve the same purpose . ie safety of you and your family.

cj
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    Guys, I was out of town for the weekend, just got back on line this morning. I appreciate your imput, everyones imput. Seems like everybody is saying pretty much the same thing, It's the belt
    Woohoo! There are plenty of options without having to spend a ton. I've got a wide variety of belts and one of the cheapest I have (Wilderness Frequent Flyer for casual wear) has become my most frequently grabbed. I like it enough that now I'm eying it in 1.75" now that they offer them...under $40 for a 5-stitch version (I like the 5 stitch for the little extra stiffness).

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Thanks to all who offered advice, I "PM'd" a few of you. I ordered a gunbelt from A&G today as well as a "Kholster" for IWB. I plan on ordering an OWB, probably a Pure Kustom "Black Ops" in a couple of weeks. These should solve my problem. I'll let you all know how it works out. Thanks again.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The new belt will help tremendously. I have had many clients show me how their holsters ride away from the body or sag. They all had one thing in common. The wrong BELT. In fact many originally thought they wanted a different holster but learned that one belt made many holsters work for them. Good luck and congrats on new leather.

Stubborn, if you're still following this thread, I can say I had a very similar experienced and fixed it. One of my guns is a Colt 1911 that is fairly heavy. I bought an excellent holster, a Silent Thunder IWB, that is a single clip holster and it sagged something fierce. After doing research as you are, I was advised to get a 2 clip holster to spread the load. I bought the Tucker "Answer" leather lined Kydex/ leather backing 2 clip holster and love it as no more sag - on the same belt. You think your gun is too heavy, look at this review from the 1911 Forum by the same guy that sold me on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links