Crossbreed new appendix carry?

This is a discussion on Crossbreed new appendix carry? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was looking at the Crossbreed Quickclip as a possible option for appendix carry. Has anyone tried one of these? If you can elaborate on ...

Thread: Crossbreed new appendix carry?

Crossbreed new appendix carry?

I was looking at the Crossbreed Quickclip as a possible option for appendix carry. Has anyone tried one of these? If you can elaborate on body type, that would be handy as well.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Ho...%2cProductName

2. Remove Ads

I was thinking about getting one, but they didn't have one for my gun at the time, so I ended up making my own. Everyone says there holsters are awesome. Also check out the Comp Tac 2 oclock. That ones really thin.
    Anybody can get scared, but you must absolutely not let that affect your behavior. Cowardice kills. -Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    That’s a horrible photo illustration and I can’t readily tell if the geometry is suitable for a cross-draw.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I have one. For Glocks (it fits a lot of mine). Used it for appendix carry. I'm 6'0", 185#. 36" jeans. Didn't work out for me: I found all the hardware on the Supertuck too much for my taste, figured I'd like the QuikClip since it's smaller. BUT, I think the two belt clips on the Supertuck probably make it a better holster: the QuikClip allows the gun (rather the whole holster) to sag down, the single clip rides at a 15 -20 degree cant and the pistol grip sinks below the belt line. I can solve this by cinching my belt two holes tighter, but that's not comfortable. I also found the holster to rely on a tight belt for weapon retention and the guns do not "snap" into the kydex.

The QuikClip is a well made holster, but did not work for me: many others are quite happy and you may be too.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    I have one of the Crossbreed QwikClips on order now for my Kel-tec PF-9. If you click on the smaller image in the lower left corner (near the price), you'll get a decently viewable image showing the three sets of holes for clip configuration. I'll be wearing mine strong-side at about 4 o'clock, but I will certainly offer my impressions of the holster in its wearable configurations.

I was mainly interested in the QC because of the advertised ability to put it on/take it off readily, & its tuckability (we'll see). That, & I'm hoping the FBI cant position offers enough cant for my wear position & angle of retrieval.

I'll let y'all know...
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I just cant tell where this holster would ride. I am about to begin carrying a G17 appendix position but I prefer it to ride fairly low since I am active through out my day.

I think that crossbreed are overpriced. Check out THEIS Holsters Tom Theis has them listed for $50.00 they are just like the crossbreed but less cost.

Links