Recluse holster for lcp/ct laser comments

This is a discussion on Recluse holster for lcp/ct laser comments within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have checked out the above holster and would like comments, observations, etc., on how it works; specifically, does the holster stay in the pocket during ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By alienbogey

Thread: Recluse holster for lcp/ct laser comments

Recluse holster for lcp/ct laser comments

Have checked out the above holster and would like comments, observations, etc., on how it works; specifically, does the holster stay in the pocket during a draw? My problem has been that the pocket holsters I've tried do not stay in the holster! According to the Recluse site, it appears there is a "knob" that holds the trigger guard in place until you decide to release it. How does this work in practice? Thanks for any thoughts.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

2. Remove Ads

DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THE RECLUSE HOLSTER? COMMENTS ON SAME!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I've thought about this holster, but the following (from their FAQs) keeps me away...

What about re-holstering in a hurry?
    Once the handgun is released from the trigger block the user is committing to withdrawing the handgun. It is a rare situation where a user will be in a hurry to re-holster. Once withdrawn, the user should remove the holster from the pocket and carefully re-holster the handgun.

With a standard pocket holster, you can re-holster without taking the holster out of the pocket - which only uses one hand. I might not have two hands available to re-holster.

I'm also leery of anything that goes near or into the trigger guard. Just seems weird and unsafe to me.

I'm sticking with my holsters with an anti-print panel and thumb push-off from Jim at Hidden Holsters - Expertly Crafted Pocket Holsters.
    Last edited by 10thmtn; May 30th, 2011 at 03:13 PM. Reason: more info
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

At lot of folks at the Elsie Pea forum really like them. I have one coming in the mail tomorrow, then i will have some first hand experience this week!

I have one and like it a lot.

The molded plastic part that the trigger fits into makes it the safest pocket holster I've ever seen. There is no way that pistol can be discharged until it has been pulled from the holster.

The draw takes a little practice (a little) compared to a standard wallet holster. You reach into your pocket with your index or index and middle fingers 'wedging' between the grip and the leather of the holster. This causes the pistol to release from the trigger guard and the draw is then completed. It sounds much more complicated than it is and is quickly learned. It might slow your draw down by a nanosecond or two compare to a plain jane wallet holster, but the increased safety is worth it to me.

It's funny how some people get the impression that it is "weird and unsafe" when the exact opposite is the case - the nature of the design makes it far safer than a conventional wallet holster. (No offense intended to that poster, I didn't fully understand how the Recluse works until I saw one in person)

The holster does not tend to come out with the pistol on the draw. As you 'wedge' your fingers between the pistol and the holster that tends to pin the holster in the pocket and the pistol comes out cleanly. Again, it is much harder to describe than to actually do it - the draw just happens and the holster just stays in the pocket.

Yes, you cannot re-holster without removing the holster from the pocket. That doesn't bother me a bit as if I need to get it out in a hurry I'll be in no hurry to put it back in. People who hurry to reholster - regardless of the holster - sometimes learn to regret their haste.
    squid86 likes this.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

alienbogey: VERY HELPFUL-- THANKS!

Mine came in the mail today, and like the gentleman wrote above, it really holds the gun well and to remove it, you are NOT touching the trigger. I am very pleased.

Cannot wait to try it out for real tomorrow.

My concern isn't so much being able to holster the gun quickly, as it is being able to do it one-handed. I carry two pocket guns, so I can see needing to draw one while holstering the other (say, after an incident I would holster my partially empty gun after drawing my fully loaded one to cover any additional threats while awaiting police response). Having to use two hands to holster the gun is a no-go to me...but whatever works for you. Hope you like it.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Links