New Hi-Power Holster

This is a discussion on New Hi-Power Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A few months back I saw the attached article in the forum Hi-Powers and Handguns in regards to an ajustable cant IWB holster by Garrity ...

Thread: New Hi-Power Holster

Cool New Hi-Power Holster

A few months back I saw the attached article in the forum Hi-Powers and Handguns in regards to an ajustable cant IWB holster by Garrity Gunleather. I had one made for my Hi-Power and am very pleased with it. For someone looking for a IWB holster for a 1911, Hi-Power or Glock this one is worth taking a look at.

There is a wait time but Mark does not charge until he is ready to ship your holster.

Garrity Gunleather BHP
    Last edited by Old School; May 23rd, 2011 at 08:17 PM.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

2. Remove Ads

Who wouldn't like that! I like hat forward cant. Really does a great job of postioning that handle along the ribs and hiding it from print. Very, very good choice.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

GM
    That is a very nice holster! I like the IN-VICTUS AIWB hoster too.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

GM

I almost went that way but wanted the versitility of being able to adjust the cant. Now that I have the holster the In-Victus would have worked out just fine since i am keeping the cant at "0". Quality product.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    GM

I almost went that way but wanted the versitility of being able to adjust the cant. Now that I have the holster the In-Victus would have worked out just fine since i am keeping the cant at "0". Quality product.

OS
    It really looks very nice; I like it! I carry a BHP too. If you do not mind I would like to ask you a few questions about this holster. How does the Changeling work if you carry at about 1:00 and at 4:00-4:30? Is it slim? Is the finish inside smooth or rough like sandpaper? Does the cant angle stay constant or does it change when you wear the holster? Thanks in advance

Cool

GM

At 1:00 (actually 2:00 for me) I have it with zero cant. I don't carry IWB at 4:00 but if I did the cant would be around 15 degress or so but that is a guess. If you like the grip more to the front then maybe 25 degrees.

The interior finish is smooth except in the sight channel where it is a tad rough, not sandpaper rough but more so than the rest of the interior of the holster. I have Heinie Low Pro sights on my HP and they do not snag the sight channel. The channel is not lined like my High Noons are.

The cant angle stays consistant and the belt loop being made for the exact size belt you request helps in keeping it that way.

The fit of the HP in the holster is snug but I have made numerous draws with no sticking problems.

I have a left side only C&S extended safety and there is a slot in the skin guard to accomodate it. The wait for the holster was about 3 months.

OS

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    GM

At 1:00 (actually 2:00 for me) I have it with zero cant. I don't carry IWB at 4:00 but if I did the cant would be around 15 degress or so but that is a guess. If you like the grip more to the front then maybe 25 degrees.

The interior finish is smooth except in the sight channel where it is a tad rough, not sandpaper rough but more so than the rest of the interior of the holster. I have Heinie Low Pro sights on my HP and they do not snag the sight channel. The channel is not lined like my High Noons are.

The cant angle stays consistant and the belt loop being made for the exact size belt you request helps in keeping it that way.

The fit of the HP in the holster is snug but I have made numerous draws with no sticking problems.

I have a left side only C&S extended safety and there is a slot in the skin guard to accomodate it. The wait for the holster was about 3 months.

OS

Thank you so very much for the information; I really appreciate it. That holster looks very good, and if it works the "box full of holsters" will not be even fuller

Links