My CrossBreed Came Today!

This is a discussion on My CrossBreed Came Today! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My new CrossBreed gun belt and Snapslide holster came today. I'm very excited about the opportunity of being able to try out this belt and ...

Thread: My CrossBreed Came Today!

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar

My new CrossBreed gun belt and Snapslide holster came today.

I'm very excited about the opportunity of being able to try out this belt and holster combo.

Everything looks like its made exceptionally well. I'm sure it will give me years of service.

I ordered everything on April 6th and got it today (May 23rd). I received a notice in my email last Friday saying that they had shipped it that day. The email also contained a link to track the package via US Postal Service. The website warns you that its a 4-6 week wait so you will know what to expect - and this I appreciate.

I opted for horsehide leather for the holster. The website says that horsehide is more resistent to moisture. This is a $15.00 option. I also opted for sweatguard that added another $5.00 to my order.

At first, when I originally ordered the belt, I thought that the the price for it ($68.50 + shipping) was a little on the pricey side. Now that I see it and after having looked at other belts online, I think it's a fair price. I've seen belts in the mall before that cost as much or more than this belt and they lacked the kind of integrity that a belt needs to have in order to be a gun belt.

After I wear it awhile and live with it, I'll report back and give an update for anyone that may be interested.

DCG

I had a crossbreed, and although it's not the holster for me (really prefer appendix) I was impressed with the quality and the service. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Enjoy

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    I was curious about the horsehide option as well. Opted for the regular mooskin on my Qwikclip, which will take 3-5 weeks at this point.

I'll watch for your review once you've put 'er to the test.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Congrats, I bought a Super Tuck from them and I am pleased with how it distributes the weight of a Colt Government.

Well...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm wearing the horsehide CBST as we speak and it is the most comfortable holster I've ever worn (and it gets better every day).
    Don't leave home without it.

GM
    Congrats and enjoy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Still no pics...

Ha-ha...please be patient guys, I'll get some pics up soon. I've got to head out for right now and don't have time to take a pic and post it but I will soon. ;-)

I use a SuperTuck for my G23 and a MiniTuck for a PM9. The horsehide is worth the difference but I think it was 10 bucks when I bought mine. I don't get it. I can get a horse cheaper than a cow round here. Crossbreed are very comfortable and well made.

Crossbreed. Super product. Even better customer support. Oh Yeah!!!
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

Per requested, here are some pics of my CrossBreed.

This is an OWB holster but I plan on wearing it with a loose shirt draped over it if it will conceal well. I wore it tonight to Wal-Mart this way and didn't appear to flash anyone.

I am interested in getting the SuperTuck at a later date perhaps.

Links