IWB for XDsubcompact - Infidel vs. Minotaur MTAC

This is a discussion on IWB for XDsubcompact - Infidel vs. Minotaur MTAC within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Too hot in AZ to wear an undershirt. So if you're just wearing one shirt and the holster will be against your skin, which would ...

View Poll Results: Summer carry, no undershirt, which IWB?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Infidel-style, 100% kydex construction

2 10.00%
  • MTAC-style, leather & kydex hybrid construction

18 90.00%

Thread: IWB for XDsubcompact - Infidel vs. Minotaur MTAC

IWB for XDsubcompact - Infidel vs. Minotaur MTAC

Too hot in AZ to wear an undershirt. So if you're just wearing one shirt and the holster will be against your skin, which would you rather have? The full Kydex Infidel, or the leather/Kydex MTAC? Since you're going to be sweaty... which would you rather have? Also assume love handles are there, so comfort is an issue too. 3 o'clock carry. Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I have had no problems with leather (I use both Crossbreed and MTAC.) Once they break in you won't notice you're carrying. I do notice my CTAC more (I had to customize it a bit) but I prefer leather, even when I sweat. YMMV
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

i wear my crossbreed qwikclip with my glock 23 all day every day in the hot humid alabama summer
    1 gun 1 reload 1 knife
    If 27 .40cal Hornady Critical Defense cant save me, only God can.

I own about 5 crossbreed supertuck holsters and frankly wouldn't consider any other IWB for any of my usual carry guns. Here in Miami, FL it can get quite hot and humid, yet I can easily conceal a full size service auto under a t-shirt or a short sleeve polo shirt and in shorts. I find it to be extremely comfortable against my bare skin. Much more so than my KYDEX holster by Blade Tech.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Administrator
    I have and use both styles, but much prefer the M-Tac style. One thing I do is wear a plain white under shirt beneath whatever other t shirt I'm wearing. This adds a lot of comfort and I've yet to notice the extra layer in the heat.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I have and use both styles, but much prefer the M-Tac style. One thing I do is wear a plain white under shirt beneath whatever other t shirt I'm wearing. This adds a lot of comfort and I've yet to notice the extra layer in the heat.
    Maybe I'll consider this, but in Phoenix it can be hot has hell, so I'm a bit skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by yemenmocha View Post
    Maybe I'll consider this, but in Phoenix it can be hot has hell, so I'm a bit skeptical.
    Actually you will find a good cotton t shirt will work as a wicking agent keeping you cooler.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Does anyone have more opinions about this? I'm considering both the MTAC and the Infidel. I don't have much real estate on the waistline, and I assume the Infidel takes up less space. However, do users think the MTAC is more comfortable? Heat and humidity are factors....

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit4earth View Post
    Does anyone have more opinions about this? I'm considering both the MTAC and the Infidel. I don't have much real estate on the waistline, and I assume the Infidel takes up less space. However, do users think the MTAC is more comfortable? Heat and humidity are factors....
    I have both of these but not for an XD. I prefer the MTAC, even in sweaty humid environments. I used the MTAC for a couple years (I sweat ALOT in the summer in SC, btw) and it was much more comfortable. There are sweat stains on the leather but it held up fine. I've transitioned into carrying OWB with a Kydex holster because of using a WML. On the days when I carry IWB w/out the light (few and far between though), I'll grab the MTAC.

David

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    The Infidel is my daily holster and I could not love it more. Good, adjustable retention. Different mounting options and accessories. But the biggest reason I love it is I can take the whole rig off, never having to unholster my weapon. Same with putting it on...just slides into my waistline. Also, I am five foot eight, 140 pounds.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Links