Kahr CW9 holster suggestions please

This is a discussion on Kahr CW9 holster suggestions please within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought one a month or two ago and I love it. fits in my hand like a dream, points super naturally. great gun. The ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr CW9 holster suggestions please

I bought one a month or two ago and I love it. fits in my hand like a dream, points super naturally. great gun.

The only problem i am finding is, the holster availability isn't the greatest. I find that even holster makers that i have thought of as making holsters for everything out there (Fobus for example) don't make one for the CW9 for some reason.

So I'd like to hear from folks who have one or who KNOW for a fact that a makers has a model for the CW9. OWB or IBW, either way. let's hear them.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Are you also looking at holsters for the Kahr P9? The CW9 is basically the same gun.

I have a Kahr PM9 and really like the CrossBreed MiniTuck.

Just ordered a Wild Bill's Concealment paddle rig for my CW9.

Let me add that this is to augment the Fobus C-21B that I use to carry the gun at home.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Mike,
    I carry a Kahr CW40 in a Crossbreed Supertuck at 4:00 - 4:30 position. It is VERY comfortable, (I've fallen asleep with it no problem). Never regretted the purchase for a second. I mostly wear it with a T shirt and jeans, since that's pretty much what I live in, but have worn it tucked with a dress shirt too. It really disappears! Check out the video on their website. Good luck and be safe!
    2 Chr 7:14

If you want a Kydex OWB holster, the Silent Thunder by Garrett Industries, with the paddle mount, is very nice. The leather lining makes the draw smooth and silent. The cant is adjustable 360 degrees. The paddle slips in and out easily, is comfortable, and is rock solid when in.

If you want a tuckable IWB, the Comp-tac M-TAC holster is very nice. The cant and height are very adjustable so you can experiment until you find a configuration that works best for you. They also have a variety of styles of interchangeable clips, and you can buy clips in colors other than black. Kydex outside makes reholstering easy because it holds its form. Leather inside is comfortable.

If you want the absolute minimum, the Vanguard trigger-guard holster fits well and snaps on securely.
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

Distinguished Member
    I use a VMII , but it took 9 months to get. While I was waiting on it I bought a Don Hume PCCH holster. If I liked it I was going to cancel the VMII order. I sold the PCCH holster, it was uncomfortable carrying that pistol in it for me. I quit carrying that pistol because it was so uncomfortable. I didn't know if it was the lenght of the barrel that caused it or the holster. It was the holster. I hardly know that I am carrying it in the VMII.

I was also looking at one from Tucker called the Answer.

Don Hume 721OT, or J.I.T. slide. My favorite for my PM9 is the J.I.T. slide. These are OWB holsters.

Don Hume Holsters
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    Are you also looking at holsters for the Kahr P9? The CW9 is basically the same gun.

I have a Kahr PM9 and really like the CrossBreed MiniTuck.
    It is very close, but the CW9 is slightly smaller. The CW9 will fit in a P9 holster, but probably not very well the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Don Hume 721OT, or J.I.T. slide. My favorite for my PM9 is the J.I.T. slide. These are OWB holsters.

Don Hume Holsters
    Unless you make them inside the pants like I did with my 721.
    Attached Images

FIST FIST, Inc. has many styles and options to choose from in both leather and kydex. They will custom make whatever you choose to fit your specific gun at a reasonable price.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Much appreciated!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

And... Wild Bill's delivered the holster and mag pouch three business days after I ordered them... checking 'em out now.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by ttsail View Post
    It is very close, but the CW9 is slightly smaller. The CW9 will fit in a P9 holster, but probably not very well the other way around.
    - Thanks for the correction. I've held them both and naturally assumed they were virtually identical in size.

I like mine in a GALCO slide holster

You wouldn't be disappointed with a Garrett Industries Silent thunder IWB. It is leather lined Kydex so the gun finish won't show holster wear as bad as most other holster. It conceals very well and is tuckable so you can wear a shirt over it and tuck it in with a natural blousing effect around the belt. I carry my PM9 in one for over a year now and it is very comfortable and well concealed. You can find them here Garrett Industries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links