Comp Tac vs Crossbreed Supertuck ..... which one is better ?

This is a discussion on Comp Tac vs Crossbreed Supertuck ..... which one is better ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; IWB holster...... who's tried both, opinions, etc. I've heard good about both holsters .... 1. Has anyone tried both and which one did you like ...

View Poll Results: Which is better, Comp Tac or Crossbreed

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Comp Tac (MTAC) is better.

17 37.78%
  • Crossbreed Supertuck is better.

18 40.00%
  • They are equal ..........

6 13.33%
  • Alternative options ...

4 8.89%

Thread: Comp Tac vs Crossbreed Supertuck ..... which one is better ?

IWB holster...... who's tried both, opinions, etc. I've heard good about both holsters ....
    1. Has anyone tried both and which one did you like ?
    2. Do you have one or the other , and what do you think of it ?
    3. Any particular versions work better .....

Key Factors for me :
    1 Looking for comfort in heat,
    2. securely holds the firearm (while on motorcycle),
    3. balancing out the weight of the gun to prevent some of the belt sag
    4. Conceals well :

Comp Tac IWB :
    Inside Waistband Holsters -

Crossbreed Supertuck :
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Ho...me,ProductName
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

For casual wear, I use the Crossbreeds for IWB; does really well re: balance and comfort for my fullsize M&P 40:

While in my suits, TT Gunleather IWB with a Glock 27:

Tried both. Greatly favor the MTAC Minotaur!
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    I have both the current-generation Comp-Tac Minotaur (standard canted model) as well as a current CrossBreed SuperTuck Delux. Both were bought within the last 5 months, both for the same pistol (my true-EDC, an XDm9 3.8 Compact).

I like both equally - one or the other will conceal better(same carry location - strong side, 3-o'clock - same setup, with the lip of the holster just clearing my pants' waistline and belt), depending on what exactly it is that I'm wearing (my main holster for this pistol is a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro, and I also have a couple of other holsters for this gun, but these are the three I use most often; the pistol is most often (probably 75% of the time) in the Pure Kustom).

Prior to purchase, I found rodh's review on the VA Gun Forum to be extremely helpful: Crossbreed ST vs Comp Tac MTAC Which? : Carrying Your Firearm • Virginia Gun Owners Forum - it's the 10th reply, IIRC. Post-purchase, I went back and reviewed the thread, and he still seems pretty much spot-on. I still don't have much to add, to that.

What I will add here is that specific to your request, Eagleks, you'll more than likely need to adjust the retention on the CBST to be much tighter than they set it for, coming out of the shop. I don't ride, but my car seat is decently bolstered on the sides (hence why I carry "at the three"), so I tend to give my pistol's butt a quick flick after I get seated, both to enhance comfort as well as to insure that I can get a proper grip on it, should I need to draw. The CBST is the only holster in which during such an adjustment, once, the pistol actually popped free of its retention (not out of the holster: just that it popped "free" of its seating within the holster). Yes, you may need to adjust tension on the MTAC, too - but that's more easily done than with the CBST.

Both are very nice holsters from companies that will stand behind their products. Typically, whether one decides to go with A or B becomes a matter of personal preference based on the details and/or the availability of the holster, both in terms of firearm fit as well as lead-time.

I voted alternative. Been wearing a MaxTuck by White Hat holsters for over a month now and I love it. Paired it with a 1 3/4" Beltman belt and it's the most comfortable rig I've ever owned. The great thing about the MaxTuck is you can switch out the kydex shell to accommodate other guns. My Glock 27 never felt so good! Check them out...Home Page

I have a Comp-Tac C-Tac. I carry a Glock 22 and a 27. I have no complaints with it. Its very secure and very comfortable. Cant compare to the Crossbreed as I have never seen one.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Didn't vote since I only have the Comp-Tac Minotaur Neutral cant that I wear at about 1 - 2 o'clock with my G26. It is comfortable an conceals well - also have a Comp-Tac magazine pouch carried at about 11.

Perhaps I missed it, but I have looked at the Supertuck and do not see where they have one specifically canted for appendix carry.
    "To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence." Friedrich Nietzsche

I own both. My preference is comp-tac over the crossbreed.

Reasons:

The metal clips get caught and bend out of shape. Not so with the kydex clips.
    You can change out the bodies to carry different guns.
    Both are comfortable .

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    I must have more 1911's. Someone donate me a Springfield EMP.

I don't have either so I didn't vote, but I just ordered a Black Mamba from Concealment Solutions (Black Mamba). The Gun Dudes (Gun Dudes Radio) like his stuff and apparently he is known for a one week turn around, so I thought I would give it a try. I'm sure that wait time will increase if Concealment Solutions becomes more popular, but for now it's a big motivator.

I plan on doing a review of the Black Mamba after I've worn it for a month or so.
    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
    - Mike Tyson

Oh, BTW, I didn't vote, either.

It's not just because I own both and like both equally (but for different reasons), it's also because there's *a lot* of hybrids out there, filling all different pricing needs.

The MTAC and the CBST are just two of the most widely known and/or most advertised.

One of the rare times I "made" someone else carrying, was due to the distinctive crossbread clips.

c-clips on the comp-tac (spartan) for me--though honestly I usually carry a smaller pistol in a Fist, smartcarry, or most commonly, pocket holster. Much more comfortable overall.
    You should not have any special fondness for a particular weapon, or anything else, for that matter
    Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Quote Originally Posted by wormtown View Post
    One of the rare times I "made" someone else carrying, was due to the distinctive crossbread clips.
    I'm also a knife collector, so I tend to look at that area if anything catches my eyes at all. I really like the flat loops on my Pure Kustom, but like you, with I go with the MTAC, it's with the C-clips, and with the CBST, with J-hooks.

I'm looking to try out the Velcro thing with my Kahr and a nice custom dress belt.

2nd vote for Whitehat Maxtuck. Went jogging last night with mine on. Carrying a Glock 27. Very comfortable, just disappears.

1. Has anyone tried both and which one did you like ?---I've never worn the crossbreed, but have handled them to compare to my M-Tac. Prefered the M-Tac
    2. Do you have one or the other , and what do you think of it ? I have the M-Tac--over a year with frequent wear, to include Alabama high heat/humidity summers.
    3. Any particular versions work better .....

Key Factors for me :
    1 Looking for comfort in heat--I wear my M-Tac against skin in Alabama heat/humidity with no issues--there is a smaller leather profile on the M-Tac
    2. securely holds the firearm (while on motorcycle), --Don't ride, but I do have a son who likes to wrestle. I've never had any issue running around the yard with him or rolling around on the ground, etc. Weapon stays put. You can also adjust the ride height and put it a little deaper into your waist band when riding if needed.
    3. balancing out the weight of the gun to prevent some of the belt sag--not an issue for me with the M-Tac
    4. Conceals well : --I can wear a T-Shirt or untucked polo with no issues--granted, I don't wear them real tight.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

I prefer my home made hybrid rig. A heck of a lot cheaper and built to MY specs. IMO, you can't get any better than something fitted to you. Those one size fits all deals are great, but they really don't fit everybody.

Sponsored Links