Opinions on how to carry a S & W Sigma 40VE - Page 2

Opinions on how to carry a S & W Sigma 40VE

This is a discussion on Opinions on how to carry a S & W Sigma 40VE within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry my 9VE in a homemade IWB kytex type holster. IWB holsters with my shirt-tail out are the best way I've found for me ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Opinions on how to carry a S & W Sigma 40VE

I carry my 9VE in a homemade IWB kytex type holster. IWB holsters with my shirt-tail out are the best way I've found for me to carry conceal.

VIP Member
    I carry my M&P9c in either an inexpensive leather clip, IWB, or, most times now, a De Santis cozy partner IWB as well, left hand.

Both are comfortable, with the De Santis being a little more stable, by having more substance to it.

Although they are not really "tuckable" holsters by nature, I can tuck a shirt in around these.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

If you have a good local gun store take your gun (unloaded of course) with you and try the different holsters. A lot of people buy holsters only to try them on and find out it doesn't work for them. Then you'll have a better feel for how you want to carry. Then you should buy the best you can afford. I am huge fan of Don Hume and all my local shops carry them. They have some of the best holsters for under $60. A good belt is a MUST also.

Here is how I carry my 1911 A Don Hume 721 OT, I use the same holster for IWB and OWB (just remove the clips seen in the pic). Very comfy and I can carry all day. I believe the strong side hip in the 3-4 o'clock position is the best way to carry a firearm.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    If you have a good local gun store take your gun (unloaded of course) with you and try the different holsters. A lot of people buy holsters only to try them on and find out it doesn't work for them. Then you'll have a better feel for how you want to carry. Then you should buy the best you can afford. I am huge fan of Don Hume and all my local shops carry them. They have some of the best holsters for under $60. A good belt is a MUST also.

Here is how I carry my 1911 A Don Hume 721 OT, I use the same holster for IWB and OWB (just remove the clips seen in the pic). Very comfy and I can carry all day. I believe the strong side hip in the 3-4 o'clock position is the best way to carry a firearm.
    This is exactly why I make my own. I can't seem to get a comfortable fit from any store bought IWB holsters. I can easily make one to the specs that I like, and for a fraction of the cost. The holster in the pics I posted earlier cost me about $10 and a couple hours to make. If you're interested in going that route, OP, I can give you a couple links to get what you need.

If you would rather buy one, I have had good luck with Don Hume. High Noon also seems to be very highly recommended, but I have no experience with them.
    Last edited by Spidey2011; May 30th, 2011 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    This is exactly why I make my own. I can't seem to get a comfortable fit from any store bought IWB holsters. I can easily make one to the specs that I like, and for a fraction of the cost. The holster in the pics I posted earlier cost me about $10 and a couple hours to make. If you're interested in going that route, I can give you a couple links to get what you need.

If you would rather buy one, I have had good luck with Don Hume. High Noon also seems to be very highly recommended, but I have no experience with them.
    That is a great looking holster you made. For my 1911 though, the kydex just doesn't seem to fit quite right. I prefer all leather. I'd love a Milt Sparks or High noon too but I don't see me waiting 9 months to get it. I'm that impatient.

That said I would like to see some more pics of your holster.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    That is a great looking holster you made. For my 1911 though, the kydex just doesn't seem to fit quite right. I prefer all leather. I'd love a Milt Sparks or High noon too but I don't see me waiting 9 months to get it. I'm that impatient.

That said I would like to see some more pics of your holster.
    Have you tried making your own, or just using store-bought kydex? I can tweak mine so that they are just snug enough to hold them still, or so that they have to be ripped out. The one I posted in this thread is a perfect middle ground. The kydex holds it tight, but the leather has enough flex to allow for a smooth draw. I do have some leather left over and I plan on trying my hand at an all leather rig for my 1911, once I pick it up this week (hopefully tomorrow). I'll have to take some pics of all my different holsters. I've made way more than I'll ever need. lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links