Got a new Garrett Silent Thunder slim IWB holster for 3" 1911 (PICS)

This is a discussion on Got a new Garrett Silent Thunder slim IWB holster for 3" 1911 (PICS) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Silent thunder holster from Garrett came in today. Very, Very Nice quality holster. The hardware, kydex, and especially the interior leather is impressive. The gun ...

Silent thunder holster from Garrett came in today. Very, Very Nice quality holster. The hardware, kydex, and especially the interior leather is impressive. The gun slides in & out like butter and is indeed "silent", yet still has great weapon retention. One week turnaround is nice and they had exceptional customer service. They answered my emails almost immediately (on the weekend no less) and kept me updated on the status of my holster.

The holster itself rides high and the cant is adjustable. I need to play around with some different positions but so far I am very pleased with this product. It holds the gun very close to the body and it is tuckable. I will be using this holster to carry AIWB.

I would not hesitate to recommend this company & product to anyone!

Here's a few crappy iphone pics.

Distinguished Member
    Good morning, can you show it worn?

Thanks for the review.

PS. Nevermind, I found some things on Google including this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnj-AP8w014

Unless of course you have a photo handy, the one in the link is a different style. :)

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Great holsters, and a great guy... love my Silent Thunder, second to none.

Sorry, no pictures of it being worn. I actually decided to go with a different style Garrett holster with the clip on the front instead of the offset clip.
    They gladly took my holster back and are exchanging it for the standard Silent Thunder holster. Great group of people and Excellent customer service!

I will post pics when I get my new one.

And yet you don't provide a link to their website, leaving us with the tedious task of randomly searching through billions of internet pages trying to locate their website.

Seriously, looks like a cool holster. I do like kydex with a leather lining.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Congrats on your new holster. I have two standard Silent Thunders and think they're great.

Here's a link:

Garrett Industries, LLC Designers/Manufacturers of Custom Kydex and Leather Holsters and Tactical Gear

OldLincoln, that is the prettiest Kahr i've ever seen!

I agree it is pretty, but alas, it's not mine. Neither are the pics but the photo shooter gave me permission to use them without credits. They are too good not to demonstrate the holster. Lest anybody think I'm affiliated with Garrett, I'm only a very pleased customer who bought my first holster from them (Silent Thunder) and want others to have as good an experience as I.

EDIT: I should add there's only a few days left on their 20% off (with coupon) sale. To learn more see this link: Garrett Holster Sale

Quote Originally Posted by TRUST8383 View Post
    OldLincoln, that is the prettiest Kahr i've ever seen!
    Thanks!

Hey Old Lincoln, I love the slide show! I think you and I might be two of the biggest ST fans. Funny thing, I haven't been on the forums too much lately. Popped in here today to get up to speed and just saw your post about the coupon/discount. Perfect timing! I need a new Silent Thunder for my P232 with Crimson Trace. Talk about good luck...

Links