New Holster and Waiting...

This is a discussion on New Holster and Waiting... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm usually not one who gets all antsy over getting something new, but for some reason, I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of my ...

Thread: New Holster and Waiting...

New Holster and Waiting...

I'm usually not one who gets all antsy over getting something new, but for some reason, I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Crossbreed Supertuck. Ordered it on April 25th with the expected wait time of 4-6 weeks.

I read around and noticed some people claimed that they only had to wait a week or two for their new holster to arrive. This had my hopes up. Unfortunately for me, it looks like the expected wait time is pretty accurate at this point in time.

Here's hoping it manages to get shipped out next week.

- T

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I started to buy a "Supertuck" but wound up going with a "Kholster" instead. (on advise from "snatale42" here at DC forum) Got it in one week, $39.00 bucks cheaper than "Supertuck" and a 90 day money back guarantee. It just came yesterday, so today is the first day of wearing it...so far so good. I need to make another adjustment or two to get the cant right but I like it so far. I'll let you know how it works out "Timb"
    p.s. still waiting on my gunbelt from A&G, I'm sure that will help even more.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Why does everyone who orders a Crossbreed start this same thread?

Is it a right of passage?

You know it takes forever before you order it... accept it or find something else, like an Old Faithful, or better yet - a Silent Thunder that doesn't have all the extra material to lug around.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Why does everyone who orders a Crossbreed start this same thread?
    Because he's excited, and because he has a right to start a thread if he wants to.

You know it takes forever before you order it... accept it or find something else, like an Old Faithful, or better yet - a Silent Thunder that doesn't have all the extra material to lug around.
    You know it's no good without pictures...Do you have a link or pictures for your good advice... or don't you keep film "chambered" in your camera either ?
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Asked why, didn't question the 'right'.

I won't tarnish the OP's thread with pics of other holsters, but here's links to the referenced holsters sites so you can see for yourself.

Silent Thunder:
    Garrett Industries Holsters

Old Faithful, 50 year warranty ($39, or do it yourself kits for less)
    Old Faithful Holsters

I keep my DSLR loaded and ready to fire, never know what you'll end up shooting.

Easy there guys, no need to get bent out of shape about it. Obviously I'm new here, so I'm not up to speed on how common the "Oh my god, Crossbreed waiting period is *insert your preferred adjective here*" threads are. (Not that this is really one of those threads.) Certainly there are other options available, and I wouldn't doubt that they are considerably quicker on production end of things and just as good as a Crossbreed. I simply decided on a Supertuck.

I wasn't necessarily griping about the waiting period, I just find myself excited about getting it in. I know others are considering buying (or have recently purchased) a Crossbreed holster and are wondering whereabouts their "4-6 week" waiting period is actually at. This thread may be of some help regarding their inquiries.

Have a pleasant weekend gentlemen.

- T

I feel your pain Timb. I ordered mine on 4-20-11! I did get the gun belt in two weeks though. Seems to be a really nice belt. Friends say it will be worth the wait.
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

Stubborn;

PM me your contact info & I let you know the status of your new gun belt. I think it has been shipped.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

I'll admit, I was a little crabby earlier - sorry for the poorly worded post, enjoy the new holster and have a great weekend.

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Waiting for anything like that is excruciating: be it a house, a car, a knife.....it's never easy.

One tip for those who are looking into currently-popular "production" holsters: check with the larger retail outlets. Midway, for example, stocks both the Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC and several varieties of the CBST offerings. Similarly, several of the more high-end gun-shops/gun-accessories/police-supply retailers known to our community, like Lightning Arms Sports and Top Gun Supply offers stock of Milt Sparks and The Belt Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Timb View Post
    Easy there guys, no need to get bent out of shape about it. Obviously I'm new here, so I'm not up to speed on how common the "Oh my god, Crossbreed waiting period is *insert your preferred adjective here*" threads are. (Not that this is really one of those threads.) Certainly there are other options available, and I wouldn't doubt that they are considerably quicker on production end of things and just as good as a Crossbreed. I simply decided on a Supertuck.

I wasn't necessarily griping about the waiting period, I just find myself excited about getting it in. I know others are considering buying (or have recently purchased) a Crossbreed holster and are wondering whereabouts their "4-6 week" waiting period is actually at. This thread may be of some help regarding their inquiries.

Have a pleasant weekend gentlemen.

- T
    Don't apologize, I've got a drawer full of holsters and when I order one and I know delivery day is coming I'm like a kid on Christmas eve and then come the stupid looks and comments from the GF. oh well.

Four to six weeks is a reasonable timeframe...IMHO...for a quality holster.
    I can't understand those who wait 6 to 12 months.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I ordered mine 3-17-11 and it arrived during the 6th week (first week of May). Bad part was I was out of town for the month so I just actually got my hands on it last night. Talk about feeling like a kid waiting for Christmas

I carried for the first time today. I wore it all day and it was extremely comfortable.
    I did learn one thing though.....its time for a new belt....I ordered a Galco belt from Midway and it was nearly too big when I ordered it. After a month of walking around DC I lost some weight and its too big. I felt like the CBST and my 1911 were slipping all day. Looks like I'll be visiting the Beltman's site in the next few days

Links