Lcr pocket holster?

Lcr pocket holster?

This is a discussion on Lcr pocket holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is there a really good pocket holster for my new LCR, or is it simply a little too big for pocket carry? I got rid ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lcr pocket holster?

Is there a really good pocket holster for my new LCR, or is it simply a little too big for pocket carry? I got rid of my LCP and like the LCR much better--- it's the .357 version, but I expect to shoot .38's most of the time at the range. If you have another or better carry option, please tell me. Thanks.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

YOU have to decide if the firearm is too big for pocket carry, but if you decide to pocket carry, this is a great holster (with the thumb push)...I have several of these for different firearms... Untitled Document
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I have a Galco Pocket Pro for my S&W 342 Ti. hammerless snubby. It works great. The same model is listed for the LCR and the KLCR(.357 mag.) I tried it for my new KLCR and it just doesn't feel right. Maybe the Ruger is just too heavy for pocket carry. I have a Don Hume IWB on order but I'm not very optimistic. In shorts and a T-shirt, pocket carry seems to work best for me so I usually end up going back to my 342 Smith or P3AT in a DeSantis Nemisis pocket holster. I had high hopes for the KLCR for my new EDC as the .357 rnd. makes me feel more comfortable, but now, not so much.

THANKS for the two responses, Guys!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

retsupp99------- Went to the wewbsite and found it VERY helpful. many thanks!

Other here have discovered the "thumb push" secret...hope it is a consideration...you won't be sorry.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I've seen a Stealth pocket holster for the LCR used and recommended on a TV self defense show. I think they are a sponsor here, too, or at least were mentioned in a thread as having a sale going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    Is there a really good pocket holster for my new LCR, or is it simply a little too big for pocket carry? I got rid of my LCP and like the LCR much better--- it's the .357 version, but I expect to shoot .38's most of the time at the range. If you have another or better carry option, please tell me. Thanks.
    I use a Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster for my LCR when I have the Boot Grips installed.

IMO, with the Tamer grips on, it's just to bulky for pocket carry, that's when I carry it IWB.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I agree with gottabkiddin; with the Hogue Tamer grips, the LCR is too bulky for a comfortable pocket carry for me.

When I do pocket carry the LCR, its in a jacket pocket. But when it warms up, and is no longer jacket weather, I have a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe in horsehide, and I carry the LCR IWB.

THANKS for all the replies; it gives me a lot to go on!

I was fortunate that my local gun store had a nice pocket holster for mine. I had an olde High Noon Holster Bare Asset at home for IWB, but needed a good pocket carry.

Bianchi Pocket Piece Size 22A Made specifically for the LCR.

It has a nice thumb push too.

Not bad for $30. The leather is thicker than the Fist kydex. Fist makes excellent holsters too. I may get another for my LCR soon. But the Bianchi is worth looking at too. There won't be a big wait either.

i like that biachi holster 22a! looks nicely made, however i carry my lcr in a remora 6art ( made for sub comp glocks ) works okay for now...i'll have to buy the biachi one.

LCR is big in the pocket, but so light weight its fine =] i pocket it when my stomach isnt feeling well, and i dont want my belt so tight

edit, btw if you want to pocket carry the boot grip is a MUST, the designed the boot grip with plastic sides so it wont grip shirt ( for iwb carry) and makes it thinner in the pocket. they arent sold with the boot grip any more, but its a 30s thats worth spending

The LCR .357 is too heavy for pocket carry in my opinion. I would prefer the .38 version or what I carry, a Smith & Wesson 340 that weighs like 12 ounces. My favorite pocket holster is a kydex holster made by AHolster.com. It is fantastic. I bought one for my snub and one for my LCP.

I use a desantis nemesis for my .357 LCR and have zero issues

I pocket carry the LCR in .357 with Hogue Tamer grips almost exclusively. I just use a cheap Blackhawk pocket holster I got from walmart for 10 bucks. It does the job. I have been looking into getting a remora instead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links