A Holster For Members Who Want To Carry Chamber Empty - NOT A Joke Thread. - Page 2

A Holster For Members Who Want To Carry Chamber Empty - NOT A Joke Thread.

This is a discussion on A Holster For Members Who Want To Carry Chamber Empty - NOT A Joke Thread. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Full screen the vid is not such great quality but it looks like he just slightly fumbled that one rep. Originally Posted by tokerblue I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: A Holster For Members Who Want To Carry Chamber Empty - NOT A Joke Thread.

Administrator
    Full screen the vid is not such great quality but it looks like he just slightly fumbled that one rep.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    I wonder why the gun gets caught during the draw at 0:21?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Interesting concept. I figured someone was making something like this, just hadn't seen one before now.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    Looks useless for concealed carry, first shot draw appears about .5 seconds slower than a draw with chambered round and I'm very curious as to how it would hold up to debris (twigs, dirt, pebbles etc) from field use.
    Ah Ha! Murphy's Law comes into play.....like all things plastic, get just a little grit or something into it, and it might "gum up".

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Funny the Russian Military has something for this style of carry for the Mak since like the 70's. It was much simpler more secure, and way faster. Slide the pistol in the top, snap the top strap, then to draw just shove the gun down and through the holster. It racks one in the chamber, and is a fast with practice drawing.

US spends millions to make a pen that can write in space.....
    The Russians used a pencil.....
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

It is not for me but I think it is a good idea for those who feel they need something like this. I will give the man some credit, he was fast. I was not expecting him to be as fast as he was. I also felt that unloading the rounds straight out of the holster was unique but I don't think it would be a great idea.

That holster has to stand off the body like that, to allow you to obtain a grip, and rack the slide. If it were made to ride closer to the body, there wouldn't be room for your thumb behind the pistol, while racking in the first round. It also occurs to me that you're effectively riding the slide home, while racking in that first round.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    That holster has to stand off the body like that, to allow you to obtain a grip, and rack the slide. If it were made to ride closer to the body, there wouldn't be room for your thumb behind the pistol, while racking in the first round. It also occurs to me that you're effectively riding the slide home, while racking in that first round.
    I noticed that too. Fortunately, Glocks feed well but don't try that with a Kahr.

Definately not for me, but I do love the ideas and concepts that get tossed around here.

Edit: I just re-read the original link and see that this holster only works for specific models. The more I study this holster, the more it scares me. This system seems like it greatly increases the likelyhood of jamming the first round.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    How about an IWB version...OUCH! Just kidding;) I imagine the Israelis would love this thing.
    the misconception regarding the Israelis is so rampant as to be...the inertia of the wrongness is so massive as like to change direction
    of a super tanker taking 10 miles of trying to make the change.

the Israelis use of the side arm is secondary to their always present rifle. if needed they will, much like our SWAT teams, draw in advance of their action. I've been to Israel, i have hands on exposure to their training. as to "they would love this thing"---they would examine it, learning comes from having an open mind--but their doctrine has no room for it...at all.
    like most rube goldberg contraptions--they look nice when they are operating, but in the end they have accomplished little, if anything of value.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

It's made in CANADA.

'Bout explains it all...
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I think that is stupid I really don't see no different in my holster I can carry my gun chamber or not with my holster I don't see what the different are in the holsters using a auto.

los
    By carrying empty you automatically lose the important option of having the "+1 capacity".

Just saying..
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Interesting concept and might be the wave of the future but at this time it's too pricey for me. If it catches on and they get some competition prices should come down.

Administrator
    Hey...say what you want to say about the Canadians but, they have some downright incredible doggone Maple Syrup and you'll never be able take that away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    It's made in CANADA.

'Bout explains it all...

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Solutions to imaginary problems generally are expensive, and this one doesn't disappoint. I think I'll pass since I don't share that problem.

The method to draw from that rig is so counter-intuitive, I don't think I could ever be comfortable drawing in a real stressful situation.

Thirty five years of drawing guns the correct way is a pretty hard thing to overcome, as well as trying to convince the brain what it knows isn't right. JMHO.
    +1.
    www.isrmatrix.org

Hick's Law + Murphy's Law = Streamlined Problem Solving

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links