A Holster For Members Who Want To Carry Chamber Empty - NOT A Joke Thread.

This is a discussion on A Holster For Members Who Want To Carry Chamber Empty - NOT A Joke Thread. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I knew that there WAS a company out there making these holsters. I know that a small portion of our member base (for whatever personal ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: A Holster For Members Who Want To Carry Chamber Empty - NOT A Joke Thread.

Administrator

Post A Holster For Members Who Want To Carry Chamber Empty - NOT A Joke Thread.

I knew that there WAS a company out there making these holsters.
    I know that a small portion of our member base (for whatever personal reasons) NOT to be debated in this thread - desire to carry empty chamber.
    Though I disagree with empty chamber carry, it's not my place to bite your head off for doing it.

This is probably the best holster out there that will allow you to chamber a round prior to drawing your firearm and it will allow you repeatedly rack the slide while the firearm is holstered until the magazine is empty.

The only problem that I see with it is that it appears not to hold the firearm in super close to the body so you may need to somehow adapt it for better concealment. Anyway...here you go. Their website & a VID.

SLVE Specialty Equipment Manufacturing Inc. | Safety Holsters for Glock, Beretta, Browning HiPower, Smith and Wesson, SIG Sauer, Colt, Springfield XD

http://slve.ca/media/video/

2. Remove Ads

Well, I don't think you could beat that holster if you gonna carry an unloaded gun around. But I wonder what its grabbing when you rack it. I would envision you'd rack it one day and your rear sights would break off or something. It's also completely useless in a discreet situation but I guess it's still faster than drawing and racking the slide the ole' fashion way.

Interesting concept, but kinda pricey for my taste.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

There's something for everybody, but that wouldn't be for me.
    Looks like the perfect holster for those in Israel...most carry without one chambered...so I'm told.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Here is another VID that was on YouTube.
    Yep...they ARE expensive but, incredibly engineered.
    If you want one then you really hafta cough up the beans for one because they (for sure) are not cheap.
    BUT, if a person is carrying "empty chamber" and needs their other arm to fend off an attack then you couldn't put a price on having a holster that will chamber a round for you as part of your practiced draw sequence.

It looks to me like it holds the slide and has enough room in the holster and trigger guard to allow the weapon to be pushed down far enough to allow a round to be stripped from the mag as you pull up,you only need about 1.5" or less,If I was gonna carry with an empty chamber that would be a most excellent way to do it.
    That is what makes this website great,instead of everybody expecting people to do it their way,here is a perfect example of somebody coming up with a method that with some practice could be just as fast as carrying chambered,and able to chamber with one hand,This holster could also benefit somebody who has had a hand immobilised in a gun fight being able to chamber a round without using your rear sight which can be difficult in a high stress situation
    bigdog44 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

No doubt about it, if I carried without one in the pipe, I'd go for this holster.

My questions at this point, though, would be how well does this holster conceal, OWB, as well as whether an IWB variant would be possible, based on its design principles?

sgb
    Looks useless for concealed carry, first shot draw appears about .5 seconds slower than a draw with chambered round and I'm very curious as to how it would hold up to debris (twigs, dirt, pebbles etc) from field use.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    The fastest he drew from the time he touched the gun till its muzzle cleared the holster was 2/10 sec.
    He seems very well practiced and this was his fastest of three measurements, not from concealment
    and it added 2/10 of a second to his overall draw time.
    Being that the holster is a rather large contraption and the angle out from the body it appears designed for military and LEO. It well could help in situations
    when an officer’s gun gets grabbed in a struggle
    and n situtations where you have time to present in advance of an action.
    Cost aside, it will be rather hard to conceal for a civilian as it is now designed.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Nice! Holster tech sure has come a long way. Looking forward to further advances.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

In the title when you said no Joke I started laughing. I then watched the video, I think they might have something for those that are scared of their guns going off.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

In States that have open carry this would be a pretty good concept,if the configured a mounting system to mount the holster closer to the body it could work for CC
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I wonder why the gun gets caught during the draw at 0:21?

Solutions to imaginary problems generally are expensive, and this one doesn't disappoint. I think I'll pass since I don't share that problem.

The method to draw from that rig is so counter-intuitive, I don't think I could ever be comfortable drawing in a real stressful situation.

Thirty five years of drawing guns the correct way is a pretty hard thing to overcome, as well as trying to convince the brain what it knows isn't right. JMHO.
    HK Jake, claude clay and OD* like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

How about an IWB version...OUCH! Just kidding;) I imagine the Israelis would love this thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links