What holster is best for jogging wife - Page 2

What holster is best for jogging wife

This is a discussion on What holster is best for jogging wife within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like the Kangaroo Carry also. I use it often here in Ga. when it is really hot and I need to dress business casual ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What holster is best for jogging wife

I like the Kangaroo Carry also. I use it often here in Ga. when it is really hot and I need to dress business casual with shirt tucked in. It will not keep the sweat off the gun since it is make out of cotton, but it rides very well and is comfortable. I use mine with a G26. IMHO the Kangaroo Carry is not made for a runner or jogger because of the sweat issue.

GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

I rode my mountain bike on a bike ride with my kids yesterday for about an hour. The PT-One holster was very comfortable and worked great while riding and kept all the sweat off my gun too.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

VIP Member
    I'm gonna get the PT-2 to go with her S&W 642 she getting for her birthday
    she's been looking for something to carry while jogging/hiking, this might be the ticket
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

My wife is getting her CCW permit. I like the PT-1 or 2 for her... She might actually use it.
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

Smartcarry is great.

how does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by nh10ring View Post
    Thanks everyone. It seems like a lot of people like the pistolwear system. The PT-1 is quite popular, but I ordered her the PT-2. It is a bit smaller in size, which is okay since I doubt she will need a spare magazine. I also think she will tend to wear it more often if it is smaller and comfortable for her. She now knows that it is on order and is willing to use it on her jogs and hiking trips. If nothing else, it makes me feel more comfortable knowing that she is armed. She is a well trained shot, and I pitty any fool or beast that ever becomes a threat to her.
    Hi. I am new to the forum and I am considering the PT-2 for myself. Can you tell me how your wife likes hers? I am in a new area for work and need something indiscreet for both work and after.

I use thunderwear when jogging. It works well for me. I used a fanny pack once when I first started carrying. Big mistake....as I rounded the corner of the track, the velcro came open and I watched my model 60 skip across the ground. The only damage was minor scratches to the barrel and cylinder.

Thunderwear does not work well for the rest of my workouts; weightlifting, hitting the heavy bag and plyometrics. I wonder if the PT-1 would work well during these other activities. My concern is that, after watching the video, it appears that it may be difficult to get a good combat grip on the firearm.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Smartcarry also works well for this with a smal gun.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links