What holster is best for jogging wife

This is a discussion on What holster is best for jogging wife within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife jogs 5 miles/day along an old railroad bed. We agree that it might be a good idea for her to carry my Ruger ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What holster is best for jogging wife

What holster is best for jogging wife

My wife jogs 5 miles/day along an old railroad bed. We agree that it might be a good idea for her to carry my Ruger LCP for protection from either man or beast. But I am not sure what kind of holster set-up to buy her. Fanny packs do not appeal to her (thinks they my flop too much), but she really likes the idea of carrying on the small of her back. What would you advise for a jogging holster?

2. Remove Ads

Pistol Wear - Holsters for Concealed Handguns Look at the PT-1, designed with the jogger in mind.
    tmoore912 likes this.

VIP Member
    It's going to be up to her trying them out. You could look at the Ace band ($20) or the Galco bellyband ($45). I like part of the grip available for a faster draw. A safety pin can shorten the pocket for the mouseguns, like I do with the Smartcarry. The wide band around the back and sides may give better support. I order them larger than I think, because it's easier to add Velcro, and sometimes I lose count of the doughnuts I eat.

belly_bands-black.jpgUNDER_WRAP.jpg
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

I use this at the gym with my KelTec P-3AT in it. Not exactly my Glock, but better than being unarmed. FIST, INC.
    It fits comfortably into the waistband and to the left of the spine, not on the spine. It won't bounce around and is easy to get to.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I forgot that I actually have ones those bellyband holsters around here somewhere
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin3840 View Post
    Pistol Wear - Holsters for Concealed Handguns Look at the PT-1, designed with the jogger in mind.
    PT-One works great for me jogging and working out. There is no bounce, it is form fitting to the body, the pouch keeps the sweat off the gun. They do have smaller models if you want. I really like mine. This is a post I made a couple weeks ago in another thread about fanny packs.

fanny packs

I use there PT-ONE holster for jogging, working out at the gym or any other active lifestyle activity I do. I have been using one for a while and works well for me. It is made out of neoprene and is really comfortable and keeps the gun dry when I sweat, but it doesn't have the space a fanny pack has. It only has enough room for the gun and a magazine. It is designed to be worn a little low on the hips instead of on the waist. (This helps reduce the bouncing of the gun). It also takes a un-tucked shirt or t-shirt to conceal it. Good luck.

I worked out this morning and ran a couple miles afterward with it on carrying my Glock 17.

GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin3840 View Post
    I like this. I watched the video and saw the fellow jogging and thought to myself "What about those of us who don't jog but bike?" and lo and behold, the next segment on the video was a the same guy biking. Cool. Looks comfortable too. The only problem I see with it for biking is, you have to stop the bike and stand up to get to the gun. When I bike I carry in an OWB fobus holster with a larger than normal shirt covering it. I can draw and fire while riding my bike if I have to (I have practiced it with snap caps) so i think i will stick to this method of carry for myself. But I can see how this would work very well for someone running.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

GM
    I agree, the PT-ONE is very good.
    Pistol Wear - Holsters for Concealed Handguns
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

How well do these work when doing other exercises? I tend to break my runs up with sit-ups, pushups, stretching, leg lifts, and other exercises that make me bend at the waist.
    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
    - Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by gruntingfrog View Post
    How well do these work when doing other exercises? I tend to break my runs up with sit-ups, pushups, stretching, leg lifts, and other exercises that make me bend at the waist.
    I do squats, leg presses, crunches, stretching, all kinds of exercises. No issues have come up using it while working out or lifting weights.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA

Distinguished Member
    Her solution is to jog with tmoore912.

Really, no jogging alone along a few miles of old railroad bed.

Thanks everyone. It seems like a lot of people like the pistolwear system. The PT-1 is quite popular, but I ordered her the PT-2. It is a bit smaller in size, which is okay since I doubt she will need a spare magazine. I also think she will tend to wear it more often if it is smaller and comfortable for her. She now knows that it is on order and is willing to use it on her jogs and hiking trips. If nothing else, it makes me feel more comfortable knowing that she is armed. She is a well trained shot, and I pitty any fool or beast that ever becomes a threat to her.

Come back here and let us know how it works out for her so we can all know what she thinks of it. Thanks.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA

I forget who it was, but someone sold me on the PT1 a few weeks ago. I've jogged with it plenty of times with no issues. It's a good holster. I wish it was a little "sturdier" though. It's fairly soft, and the gun moves around a little. Otherwise a great system. I use a PM9, which is pretty small. Maybe a larger gun wouldnt move at all, but i'm not sure.

I valet Park cars so I run alot almost every night and I use the kangaroo carry holster. I love it. Doesn't bounce or flop as long as you are carrying a smaller gun--1lb or so... (I carry the Kel Tec PF9, I put my Glock in it and it worked but bounced a little too much.)
    It doesn't slide down or anything, I was surprised! But I like it alot. (DO NOT USE WITH A BLUED GUN. I HAVE RUSTED OUT 2 PF9s IN 1 MONTH, AND NOW HAVE TO BUY A PARKERIZED ONE.)
    tmoore912 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links