Remora or DeSantis Pro Stealth

This is a discussion on Remora or DeSantis Pro Stealth within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for an IWB holster for my Ruger SR40. My main concern is to make the gun as invisible as possible. I also ...

Thread: Remora or DeSantis Pro Stealth

Remora or DeSantis Pro Stealth

I am looking for an IWB holster for my Ruger SR40. My main concern is to make the gun as invisible as possible. I also don't want some giant thing that's strapped to my pants either. Looking at Remora, it's quite attractive that it can be worn just about anywhere and with just about anything. It doesn't look too bulky, but also looks like it covers the gun pretty well. I'm also looking at the DeSantis ProStealth. It looks like it can be easily concealed pretty well, though I don't know much about it. What are you guys's opinions? Also feel free to recommend any holster that you think would work. Thanks

2. Remove Ads

The Remora is pretty cheap.

It's kind of a jack-of-all-positions holster.

Sent from my phone
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I was initially skeptical of the Remora holster. The whole "clipless" design I thought was somewhat dubious. But, after hearing from a lot of people and watching several reviews on YouTube I have to say, I am becoming more and more convinced that this may be a real viable holster. And it looks very comfortable, and that's exactly what i have heard on the several reviews I have watched. Here is one I know you will like:

YouTube - ‪Remora No-Clip IWB Holster - review & demo‬‏

By the way, I'd really like to hear a review and range report on the SR40. I would really like to get myself one of those. I am a big fan of the .40 cal round and I really like the feel of the SR platform handguns. Can't wait to see the SR40 compact when they introduce it.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I was initially skeptical of the Remora holster. The whole "clipless" design I thought was somewhat dubious. But, after hearing from a lot of people and watching several reviews on YouTube I have to say, I am becoming more and more convinced that this may be a real viable holster. And it looks very comfortable, and that's exactly what i have heard on the several reviews I have watched. Here is one I know you will like:

YouTube - ‪Remora No-Clip IWB Holster - review & demo‬‏

By the way, I'd really like to hear a review and range report on the SR40. I would really like to get myself one of those. I am a big fan of the .40 cal round and I really like the feel of the SR platform handguns. Can't wait to see the SR40 compact when they introduce it.
    I'm still waiting on my LTCH(CCW for Indiana). So no range report yet.

I can't speak about the desantis but I am very happy carrying both my g21 and 22 in a remora holster, for the price it can't be beat

You want quality, comfort, easy on/off, reasonably priced, and quick delivery?
    I'm assuming an IWB...
    FIST, INC.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Yes, forget to mention IWB.

i have a remora, #6 with the artimis (sp) cut. for my g26, and i bought a ruger LCR, both fit fine ,however with the way i carry, the 14oz lcr is more comfortable to carry vs my 26oz glock 26....i dont have my belt super tight, that might be the reason, as someone mentioned above, they carry their full size glock 21 and 22 in a remora and it works for them,

the desantis looks like a piece of crap anyways...sorry

RKM
    The Remora works. It's simple and very effective. Cheap to, and one size will probably fit a few different pistols you already have.

I have a remora for a G19 and I'm very pleased with it
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Links