Holster Suggestions? 3 Pistols, 3 different purposes

This is a discussion on Holster Suggestions? 3 Pistols, 3 different purposes within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Been out of touch with the industry for a while, but am becoming active again. Would appreciate some input. I am in the market for ...

Thread: Holster Suggestions? 3 Pistols, 3 different purposes

Holster Suggestions? 3 Pistols, 3 different purposes

Been out of touch with the industry for a while, but am becoming active again. Would appreciate some input.

I am in the market for 3 different holsters for 3 weapons I use for 3 different purposes.

1) CZ85B - to be used in USPSA production class (I have an old Gilmore Speed Leader I used for my Para, that will probably work if I can adjust for a shorter barrel.

2) FNX-9 - to be used in IDPA ESP/SSP (I am leaning toward a Blade-Tech SRB)

3) PX4 Compact - to be used in every day carry (I have looked at so many on-line, my head is spinning. I have been looking at Raven, MTAC, Supertuck, What the Tuck, Kholster, SHTF, The Answer) I've been using the inexpensive nylon IWB holsters and am tired of wearing them out.

I really need to resolve need #3, and figured this might be the best forum for that.

Biggest problem is that I am a lefty, so most of the off-the-shelf stuff won't work.

I hate to say it, but "let the games begin."
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

2. Remove Ads

There are a lot of great Holsters on the market. Personally, I like leather! Being in the Hunting Industry for over 25 years, I learned a long time ago not to be cheap when buying equipment.....you get what you pay for! That being said, I use several Holsters for nearly each pistol I carry......depending on dress for that day. I use High Noon Public Secrets for IWB carry of my Glocks and have a Slim Pro ordered from H.B.E. Specialty Leatherworks......these are all primarily for appendix carry. I have Alessi Talon Plus for strong side carry for Sig p239 and have Andrews Leather McDaniels ll on order for strong side carry. I also use several pancake Holsters OWB carry in cooler months or when I can wear a loose fitting over shirt or vest. I like having a variety for flexibility! If I had to chose one to use for everything(ie.appendix and strong side), it would be the Alessi Talon Plus.....very comfortable and can be used in a variety of positions! It's a process determining what's best for each person depending on weather, dress, individuals build, etc. Good Luck!!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

For leather, also checkout Nate at UBG holsters (www.ubgholsters.com)....does great custom work, quick turnaround time. Generally 3-4 weeks from order.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Shop here...costs nothing to look...HOLSTERS
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The PX4 Compact doesn't need the 2 clip hybrid holster. It will snuggle in fine in a single clip Silent Thunder, leather lined Kydex. You've already been to their website Garrett Industries, so take a look. The Answer or "What the Tuck" (funny name) will carry the full sized and the 2 clip is warranted. See the links in my signature line for more. BUT, if you hurry you can get the 20% off coupon that expires 6/8.

I agree Old Lincoln regarding Garret Industries holsters. Excellent stuff. I might also suggest Dale Ficke's line of Kydex holsters available directly from Dale or through One Source Tactical. Good luck to you sir.

Links