Help a newbie trying to decide how to best concealed carry? - Page 2

Help a newbie trying to decide how to best concealed carry?

This is a discussion on Help a newbie trying to decide how to best concealed carry? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Check the add at top of page> "yes you can carry it all" The MAGLETT™ (acronym for Magazine Wallet) is the Most Compact Go Bag ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Check the add at top of page>
    "yes you can carry it all"
    The MAGLETT™ (acronym for Magazine Wallet) is the Most Compact Go Bag on the market today! The MAGLETT™ carries the E.D.C. necessities, keeps you organized and small enough to fit about anywhere. Being safe is all about being prepared, and everyone has different items they rely on. Depending on your lifestyle and environment the MAGLETT™ design allows you many different E.D.C. variations. As your E.D.C. changes the MAGLETT™ can be easily reconfigured. The MAGLETT™ and has 2 larger pockets that can hold Cell Phones/PDA’s, AR15 Magazines and 4 smaller pockets to hold Credit Cards, Drivers License, Emergency Cash, Folding Knifes the like. The most inner pouch can either be worn either inside the belt or inside the pants depending on the size of your trousers and features a Tactical Pen Pocket for the Kunai™ Tactical Pen. Quick Detach Belt loop for belts up to 2”. Made of 1000 Denier Cordura. Designed by Ichiro Nagata.
    Available in Coyote Brown or Black
    ITEM 4977-CBV
    Weight 0.25 lbs
    Color
    Our price: $40.00

I'm a chick and I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying in a purse because if some dude grabbed my purse and tried to run off with it then my glock would be gone. I carry a glock 27 and I haven't figured out a great way to carry without an imprint showing, especially since I carry a some extra lbs on my frame. If I go with IWB then it cuts into me a lot underneath my shirt and pinches my skin. You also definitely have to alter your style of wardrobe if your a woman. You can't conceal with the low cut jeans and the little shirts. I have had to resort to wearing my shirt tail hanging out, which I think looks so messy and boyish looking. I guess I will have to find a better holster.

You need either a better holster, wardrobe change, or different firearm. I wear low cut jeans with little shirts, but I also carry a LC9 and wear a vest if I'm concerned about printing or my shirt riding up. It's definitely doable while still maintaining your femininity.

I don't have my own little ones to look after, but after finding the right combination of gear that works for me I am definitely more confident about chasing after my nieces and nephew.

If you have not looked at the Cornered Cat web site you may find this article of interest.

Cornered Cat - Concealed Carry for the Fashionable Woman
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    your first mistake is choice of an EDC, while your gun may be a fine weapon it really isn't well suited for concealed carry. I noted that you mentioned getting a smaller weapon, I agree! get something more appropriate.

are you aware of Cornered Cat it is a female orientated gun site, check it out
    Best advice so far. I would suggest you go and choose the gun that fits you best. Your husband means well but it would be like you choosing what gun he should carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    If you have not looked at the Cornered Cat web site you may find this article of interest.

Cornered Cat - Concealed Carry for the Fashionable Woman
    Very nice - thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Best advice so far. I would suggest you go and choose the gun that fits you best. Your husband means well but it would be like you choosing what gun he should carry.
    I love the Judge too, but it's a bit bulky. I got my holster from Simply Rugged today and concealing it is very do-able. The Judge is my EDC for now but I'm definitely saving up and shopping around for something a bit smaller.

Can I just add that my holster is incredible?! I'm in love

Quote Originally Posted by stl2nola72 View Post
    I'm a chick and I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying in a purse because if some dude grabbed my purse and tried to run off with it then my glock would be gone. I carry a glock 27 and I haven't figured out a great way to carry without an imprint showing, especially since I carry a some extra lbs on my frame. If I go with IWB then it cuts into me a lot underneath my shirt and pinches my skin. You also definitely have to alter your style of wardrobe if your a woman. You can't conceal with the low cut jeans and the little shirts. I have had to resort to wearing my shirt tail hanging out, which I think looks so messy and boyish looking. I guess I will have to find a better holster.
    Have you tried a belly band holster?

Wife has same problems and the belly band works for her in different dress styles.

She has more trouble CCing than I, but she puts more into her dress and looks etc.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links