Star Model S holster?

Star Model S holster?

This is a discussion on Star Model S holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Gentlemen and Ladies, I've been trying to find a suitable IWB holster for my Star Model S. I'm just getting into the concealed carry world ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: Star Model S holster?

Star Model S holster?

Gentlemen and Ladies,

I've been trying to find a suitable IWB holster for my Star Model S. I'm just getting into the concealed carry world so bear with me. If anyone could direct me to a company that has a concealable holster available for the Star Model S I would be much obliged.

Best

The Fist holster gun list has these three listed:
    STAR FIRESTAR M45
    STAR ULTRA
    STAR PD

Look in here...http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/Default.htm
    ThePlato likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm unsure as to whether or not those models would fit the model S or not.. I do appreciate the reply though. I'll have to check into that more.

I was going to suggest FIST as well. Jim Murnak made a case for my pool cue. I'll bet he can make a case for your Star.

Thanks for the response! I just emailed the good people at FIST and asked them about making me a holster. I'll update later!

Talked with the very helpfully people at FIST. They said they could accommodate me if I knew of a similarly shaped/sized pistol? Not sure on that one... it's like a 60% size 1911

Distinguished Member
    I am curious about this gun, if I can just get off the holster specific talk for a moment. It's like a smaller 32 or 380 1911, right? But does it have a safety, i.e. how do you carry it? What year is it?

Sounds like an interesting firearm. How do you come across something like this, was it in the family or did you just always like them.

Maybe this is all just none of my darn business, I'm ok with that too.

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    I am curious about this gun, if I can just get off the holster specific talk for a moment. It's like a smaller 32 or 380 1911, right? But does it have a safety, i.e. how do you carry it? What year is it?

Sounds like an interesting firearm. How do you come across something like this, was it in the family or did you just always like them.

Maybe this is all just none of my darn business, I'm ok with that too.
    No no not at all! I've always loved the star pistol line. The late Mr. Stephen Camp (may he rest in peace) often talked about them quite highly. The Star Model S is a 1911 shrunk down to about 70% size. All of the internals are mostly the same including the blowback mechanism which makes them fairly strong. Like most 1911 designs the Star Model S is carried two ways. Condition one: Round in the chamber, Hammer cocked, safety on. Or Condition three (Israeli style): Magazine in, no round in chamber, safety off.

It's a single action firearm lacking the backstrap safety of modern 1911's. For me they fit my hand superbly well. As my other carry gun is a Browning hi power the ergonomics and mechanism of use are very familiar to me which appealed to me.

One reason I migrated towards carrying the Star Model S instead of the Browning Hi power is heat. I'm in the Miami area. It's really damn hot. A smaller carry pistol suits me just fine given the less amount of clothing I'll be wearing as compared to where I lived previous to this.

Hope this answered your question!

Distinguished Member
    Thanks! Good luck finding that holster.

cg

You might try taking measurements of your gun,caliber,bbl length,length from barrel end to front of trigger guard,and a picture in an email to Fist that may help them select the right holster
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Ended up going to the gun store. They were very helpful and pulled out holsters to check fit. For anyone's future reference the bianchi model 100 professional size 9 fits the Star Model S.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    If it's 70% the size of a 1911, holsters for the Colt Mustang might fit.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Links