Looking for an IWB for my G17 with TLR-1s

This is a discussion on Looking for an IWB for my G17 with TLR-1s within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey folks, Anybody carrying this combo? and what holster are you using? Pics would be ftw. Thanks in advance. I love this combo so much ...

Thread: Looking for an IWB for my G17 with TLR-1s

Hey folks,

Anybody carrying this combo? and what holster are you using? Pics would be ftw.

Thanks in advance. I love this combo so much but I can't carry it yet. I don't mind the weight, I'm looking to do the same to my G29.

Regards,

ROFL SQUAD
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

best bet is to probably buy a kit from Old Faithful Holsters and make it yourself.

fyi: if anyone searches my recent posts, you may think i work for OFH. i don't. they're just the first place i've seen where you can buy a ready-to-build kit with everything you'd need. i've ordered a kit myself, just waiting for it to come in.
    G23 4g + Palmetto Tactical Gear full kydex + Crown Holsters tuckable IWB clips
    Ruger 10/22 + safe
    S&W 15-22 + safe
    Stag Arms M8 + closet

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL SQUAD View Post
    Hey folks,

Anybody carrying this combo? and what holster are you using? Pics would be ftw.

Thanks in advance. I love this combo so much but I can't carry it yet. I don't mind the weight, I'm looking to do the same to my G29.

Regards,

ROFL SQUAD
    I can take care of this for you, ROFL SQUAD.

Below are some photos of my Y-12 holster Multi-Role Concealment Holster, in Gray/Black. This holster is an IWB/OWB convertible. The user can switch modes by trading out the interchangeable belt loops, with a phillips head screwdriver. It conceals extremely well, and rides extremely comfortably, even when seated. The pistol and holster below are, in fact, my current EDC setup.

Last edited by Seraph; June 10th, 2011 at 02:36 PM. Reason: punctuation
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Contact Dale Fricke Dale Fricke Holsters

Seraph,

That is exactly what I am looking for. Can the holster be made with stainless screws and loops to fit a 1.25" belt?

Also, what is your current lead time on one of those?
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Also, can stainless rivets be used? I am in a maritime environment, and any area where I can improve corrosion resistance if possible I will.

Seraph,

That is exactly what I am looking for. Can the holster be made with stainless screws and loops to fit a 1.25" belt?

Also, what is your current lead time on one of those?
    My screws and barrel nuts are American made, of 18-8 stainless steel. I make 1.5" and 1.75" belt loops as standard, but I could make you some 1.25" loops.

Regarding turn around, I'm making a batch of Y-12's for G17/22/31 with attached X300/TLR-1 in a week or so, to cover existing orders. Depending on color preference, RH/LH, etc, you might get lucky. You ought to send me an email, to seraph@secretcityweaponeers.com, and we'll work it out.

Also, can stainless rivets be used? I am in a maritime environment, and any area where I can improve corrosion resistance if possible I will.
    I make my holsters with black coated brass rivets. I haven't used any stainless rivets, but I guess I could look into it.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Just as a followup to seraph, his holsters are extremely well made, comfortable and the attention to detail/craftmanship is outstanding.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Thanks, looking to finally pursue these soon!

I am ordering one of these leather and kydex hybrids tonight for my M&P with TRL-1. It may fit the bill for what you need.
    DSCF2996.jpg

Here is the link to page.
    Tac-Light Hybrid

Thanks for the information Waterborne.

Sponsor
    Seraph makes a fine looking holster. I think you would be hard pressed to find a better all kydex holster for your needs. His stuff is just beautiful.

-Clay

Just ordered these! One black Y-12 TL for my 17, and one in OD Green for my OD 29.

Can't wait to get 'em!

I'll post pics when they show up. They should go good with the Beltman belt I have on order. Giggity.

Links