Just got my second holster!

This is a discussion on Just got my second holster! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As someone who has only been carrying a few months now my first holster was a Galco IWB holster. It is very functional, I haven't ...

Thread: Just got my second holster!

Just got my second holster!

As someone who has only been carrying a few months now my first holster was a Galco IWB holster. It is very functional, I haven't had any concealment issues at all but the all kydex construction was a bit uncomfortable at times and no tucking the shirt was possible with it. I had been thinking of getting the Galco King Tuck but it never seemed to be in stock at my local Cabela's...until today. I popped in and made my standard check of the holster aisle and there it was! A Galco King Tuck for the Springfield XD9sc! I snatched it up and went straight to the register. As soon as I had paid for it I went into the men's room and changed out my first holster for my new EDC holster, the King Tuck. The immediate effect was a definite improvement in the wear of the holster, much more comfort. As soon as I got home I tried out the tuck option and to my surprise I could actually tuck my shirt in! I am not that comfortable with the clips showing however because it is a definite "tell" in my eyes for anyone in the know so I will continue to use with my shirts untucked for now. My evolution in my new CC life continues!!!

2. Remove Ads

GM
    I understand what you mean when you talk about the clips showing; I feel in the same way. What I do is I to put the clip on my pant and under the belt; it works very well for me. You can try it and see if it works for you.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Congrat's on your new leather. Now make sure you have a quality gun belt. This will make your carry system complete.

Good luck....
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

Congrats on the new holster. I wouldn't worry about the 'clips' as anyone who could connect your clips as belonging to a firearm would probably figure out what that bump was on your side. Probably 98% of the public would be clueless to any 'clip' showing. I wouldn't give it a second thought.OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I like my Galco King Tuck too. If you want a less obvious attachment method go to their website and order the optional "J" Hooks. With those, NOBODY will see them.

Thanks all for your words of wisdom, your thoughts are not lost on me I am a sponge for knowledge...lol...have a great day!

You might consider ordering some "C Clips" from Comp-tac. They will lie behind your belt, and grab the belt at both the top and bottom, so that the rig is suspended from the belt itself, and not the trousers. Looks like the hole pattern on the Comp-tac C Clips should work with that Galco holster.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Links