Am I the only person in the world that has this problem with Kydex holsters? (pics)

This is a discussion on Am I the only person in the world that has this problem with Kydex holsters? (pics) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; yours does in fact look to be good and tight for OWB wear. im thinking the cant and curve as you point out is very ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Am I the only person in the world that has this problem with Kydex holsters? (pics)

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar

seraph

yours does in fact look to be good and tight for OWB wear.
    im thinking the cant and curve as you point out is very effective forits tight in; and its construction looks top shelf.
    id still add a strap & snap ( 30 minutes tops--I've done many) for more positive retention in active situations.

it looks as if you can change it to be IWB, though it would ride high.
    does it have adapters for that feature--to lower it?

bears looking into, thank you.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    yours does in fact look to be good and tight for OWB wear.
    im thinking the cant and curve as you point out is very effective forits tight in; and its construction looks top shelf.
    id still add a strap & snap ( 30 minutes tops--I've done many) for more positive retention in active situations.

it looks as if you can change it to be IWB, though it would ride high.
    does it have adapters for that feature--to lower it?

bears looking into, thank you.
    I haven't had many requests for a thumb break snap (two guys have asked before - one of them a detective with Zurich Stadt-Polizei in Switzerland). My holster does achieve sufficient retention for athletic activity, however, without a thumb break strap. I suppose I can look into making one, though, for those who insist, or are required to have them (like the guy in Switzerland, who jokingly called it a "suicide strap").

The holster acutally does not ride high in IWB mode. It rides pretty low, actually - just high enough to allow you to attain a full firing grip before drawing, even with a gloved hand. Here's a couple of pics I took in my bathroom, that show an M&P 9 Full Size worn in IWB mode @ 4:00 (note that the belt loop just in front of the holster's belt loop is the 3:00 belt loop on my trousers):

Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

I finally fixed my Bladetech paddle holsters so they don't point the muzzle outward. I bought longer screws and put some washers between the paddle and holster. Put some loctite to keep everything in place too. Now it's perfectly straight and I think I like the way it rides better than my Serpas.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links