Am I the only person in the world that has this problem with Kydex holsters? (pics)

Am I the only person in the world that has this problem with Kydex holsters? (pics)

This is a discussion on Am I the only person in the world that has this problem with Kydex holsters? (pics) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's two Blade-Tech holsters. The first is the new paddle design. What we're looking at here is the slant of the holster. It slants such ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Am I the only person in the world that has this problem with Kydex holsters? (pics)

Senior Moderator

Here's two Blade-Tech holsters.

The first is the new paddle design. What we're looking at here is the slant of the holster. It slants such that the muzzle end is away from the body - and it's not just a little slant:

Blade-tech new paddle design by ron.0000, on Flickr

The next is a Blade-Tech M&P belt holster - same thing:

Blade-tech new paddle design by ron.0000, on Flickr

I took a pic of a Comp Tac paddle and it does the very same.

Anybody else have this problem?
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Just curious, but what does it look like with the firearm in it? Does the angle come down at all?
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Senior Moderator
    Awww shoot! I posted the same pic twice

ArkhmAsylm,
    The angle does change with the gun in the holster. It still slants enough to cause a weird grip on the gun. Plus, with the weight of the gun making it straighten, it tends to become bouncy.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    FWIT, I have always had a problem with the Tupperware-type holsters. I like a cushy leather holster that rides high. I sometimes have to wear a extra tall size tee to hide it but that prevents plumber butt anyway. That is always a good thing. Say no to crack..... I normally wear a XL tee but a XXL Tall tee gives me a lot of latitude. (no pun intended.)
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

I would figure out the point where you can heat the attaching area up a little and bend it so it allows the muzzle end to come in closer
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

los
    A few seconds with a good hair dryer will solve that problem.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddle View Post
    FWIT, I have always had a problem with the Tupperware-type holsters. I like a cushy leather holster that rides high. I sometimes have to wear a extra tall size tee to hide it but that prevents plumber butt anyway. That is always a good thing. Say no to crack..... I normally wear a XL tee but a XXL Tall tee gives me a lot of latitude. (no pun intended.)
    THAT'S GREAT!

Only ever owned one... nothing but problems.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

I have found for the money, Fobus holsters are great. But I usually prefer a good leather holster. Is this for one of the new Kimbers. If it is, you should be ashamed of yourself:) a 1911 deserves good leather.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I have found for the money, Fobus holsters are great. But I usually prefer a good leather holster. Is this for one of the new Kimbers. If it is, you should be ashamed of yourself:) a 1911 deserves good leather.
    Fobus hoslters work for me.

I totally agree about the Kimber care; here's my Kimber holster:
    Something very special from High Noon - Slide Guard in Sharkskin - you gotta see...

But, having said that, I want a speed holster too. I'm getting that go-to-Blackwater notion in my head and a good straight-drop Kydex might be a better choice.

I have alligator for my m66 dressed in genuine stag. It's a head turner. But can't post pics because my damn computer must have a caught a virus and can't download anything from harddrive. Aaagh!
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I have alligator for my m66 dressed in genuine stag. It's a head turner. But can't post pics because my damn computer must have a caught a virus and can't download anything from harddrive. Aaagh!
    Sounds like a nice holster - love to see it. Hope the computer thing clears up without too much trouble or damage.

BTW, you oughta meet me at Blackwater for a class next summer.

Pm on the way.

Your problem is what we call "skinny", eat a few more cheeseburgers, and the love handles will press against the gun butt, tucking the muzzle in nicely.
    OD*, Snatale42, 10thmtn and 1 others like this.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Distinguished Member
    So are you just messing with us, or do we get to see the second photo?!?!?

I am always looking for the holy grail of holsters, tight to body, low profile, not too high, not too low, blah blah blah. Where is that Blade Tech M&P.

Are we talking only of OWB holsters?

If this is the case, I'd recommend the Blackhawk CQC Serpa holsters. I've never had the issue you seem to be having.

Sure, it tilts slightly, but it all depends on the angle of the belt!

FWIW, all of my holsters are Kydex or leather/Kydex hybrids.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links