Once again... The Remora is the best!

This is a discussion on Once again... The Remora is the best! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Cant say to much about these holsters thats not already been said here. This past Sunday I wore my Glock 27 in my Remora all ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Once again... The Remora is the best!

Cant say to much about these holsters thats not already been said here. This past Sunday I wore my Glock 27 in my Remora all day completely tucked with a dress shirt and slacks. Worked flawlessly. If you dont have a Remora your missing out on probaly the best deal going. IMO.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

I think that my body type prefers clips or loops, but whatever works for ya'...
    (Some time I'll have to tell you about the time I fell down a set of steps at a rodeo...my fire stayed in place. Not sure that would have stayed in place without clips.OMO)

There's a time and place for all kinds of holsters...but that Remora does look very comfy.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The remora is super comfy
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Excellent quality, unfortunately they didn't work for me and I sent them back (great customer service by the way). They do work as advertised and I had no issue as far as quality or function, they are just too thick for my liking.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I could not be happier with my 2 "Remoras". I use one for "appendix" and the other at 3-3:30 and they never move. The material is so "tacky" it doesn't move even during a draw. You can't beat the customer service you get from Alan either. Great product, great company!
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    I own a Remora for my Kel-tec PF-9 & I like the holster.

But I gotta ask, how does one 'tuck' a Remora & be still be able to untuck to unholster your firearm in an emergency? I would think you'd have a problem with it gripping on both sides, making the process a bit...sticky.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post

But I gotta ask, how does one 'tuck' a Remora & be able to untuck to unholster your firearm in an emergency? I would think you'd have a problem with it gripping on both sides, making the process a bit...sticky.
    Good question...mine are so tacky I can't get any material to slide over them. I just don't hardly ever tuck-in anymore, if I have to tuck-in for dress clothes I just go to pocket carry with my snubby (still in the Remora)
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

But I gotta ask, how does one 'tuck' a Remora & be still be able to untuck to unholster your firearm in an emergency? I would think you'd have a problem with it gripping on both sides, making the process a bit...sticky.
    Your right, its not the fastest draw out there, but I simply lift my shirt tail out with my left hand while securing the holster and drawing the gun with my right. I dont tuck unless my dress calls for it, like on Sunday after church. But to me its great to have a holster that I can completely tuck without my shirtail getting bunched up in some holster clips, such as is with my C-tac.

Pocket carry is not an option so the Remora allows me to carry my Glock 27 when otherwise I couldnt carry at all.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Completely disagree, check out the sticky holsters, by far much better then the remora, i had both and got a rash from the material from the remora, so did a few of my friends, sticky holster's material and workmanship is first class....the ankle holster they have is unlike any i have ever worn, and i have spent so much money on ankle systems and this one is amazing.... Check out sticky holsters

I've got me a remora holster for my G22 and I love it. It's a but hard to find a place to conceal well with my body type however once I found the place everything disappears and it is amazingly comfortable.

I agree. I just got mine today and absolutely love it! I get a pocket holster and IWB in one.

I'm going to try out my remora during a hike today and see how comfortable it remains with my sweating etc...I will report back later on this afternoon

Is this a similar design? I think this is same concept but different company.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

When I'm wearing a dress shirt and tie, I put my LC9 and Remora in between my t-shirt and dress shirt at appendix IWB (crossdraw). I tuck my shirt in, then I unbutton a couple and place the Remora in there and button up. If I had to draw I would pop the buttons off and reach in.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Remora now makes a tuckable version with an extra flap to accommodate the shirt between the non sticky sides of the holster and the flap.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links