High Noon Need For Speed review

This is a discussion on High Noon Need For Speed review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As I perused the High Noon selection, their Need For Speed holster always seemed to catch my eye: NFS I had been using a Skin ...

Thread: High Noon Need For Speed review

As I perused the High Noon selection, their Need For Speed holster always seemed to catch my eye: NFS

I had been using a Skin Guard from them for my OWB needs, which is a great holster, but lacks a reinforced mouth, and has another quirk that bothered me. Unless I had it in the exact right spot, it blocked one of my pockets, and made it darn near impossible to get anything into or out of that pocket. I've had pretty much the same pocket load-out forever, and on my right side, it is keys and folding knife in the front pocket, and wallet in the right rear. So I really wanted to be able to keep access to my pockets, because as a creature of habit, I like everything to be where I want it to be.

So I ordered a black NFS, and it arrived a while ago, and I have been using it for the past 3 days. And I am really impressed with the holster. It and an Alter Ego that was ordered at the same time are my first venture into the world of holsters with reinforced mouths, and really, I waited too long tostart using that feature. It makes a huge difference when it comes to re holstering. The NFS holds the weapon at almost an FBI cant which I like with such a large pistol, and has a nice smooth draw. It also has a build in sight channel, which helps with the smoothness. It holds the weapon nice and tight, I have been wearing it under polo shirts, and unbuttoned collared shirts the past few days with no issues at all. It actually very well might become my go-to holster style for OWB carry.

The tension screw did take some playing around with as every High Noon product I have bought did, to find that sweet spot between retention and a smooth, fluid draw, but that is what the tension screw is there for. It also takes up significantly less space on my belt than other OWB holsters I have tried, which is a bonus in my mind, especially since it does it without sacrificing concealability. I would certainly recommend this holster to other carriers. Also, if someone wanted to try out the style, High Noon's Swift Skin is a stocking item (so it shows up within a week), less expensive, and still has all the features, including reinforced mouth, and sight track. And High Noon gives you 30 days to beat up a holster, and if you don't like it, they will take it back, so it is hard to go wrong ordering from them.

I'll try to get some pictures up, but I moved last weekend, and I'm not sure what box my camera is in.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    I also like HIGH NOON, and the NFS holster design.

IT would be the holster choice for me if I was to go back to the 1911.

But in natural horsehide.

Michael, Alex and crew at HN make some impressive gear.

Look for me to be posting a review of 2 Ruger carry holsters from HN in a couple of weeks.

High Noon Holsters

Hi Buckeye I am leaning tward's a NFS for my 1911 full size pistol, I also was checking out the Urban Legend holster from Tucker leather. I had my eye on the NFS for some time now & your review was a helpful one, thanks for posting it.

Sponsored Links