Fobus Holsters - Page 3

Fobus Holsters

This is a discussion on Fobus Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i just picked up a fobus mag and flashlight holder my local gunshop had for 50% off it s ok but for my gun holster ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fobus Holsters

i just picked up a fobus mag and flashlight holder my local gunshop had for 50% off it s ok but for my gun holster i trust nothing but blackhawk serpa
    Glock 23 Gen3-- Mepro Light Tru Glo night sights-Polished Internals-3.5 lb connector-6 lb trigger return spring Extended slide release lever-Stainless steel guide rod-Pierce grip plug
    Glock 26 gen3--
    Pierce +2 mag extension w/ finger groove

I have used them in pistol classes with no issues.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I actually picked on up a few months ago to try myself. I'm using it for a S&W K frame 4 inch barrel, it does hold it pretty close to the body but very low. It also was pretty well fitted to my pistol, and holds it pretty well. The paddle though does not work well with my wider normal carry belts, I have to use an older thin carry belt to make sure the holster does not come out with the draw. I actually tried to twist the thing apart when I first got it to test strength and it held up fine.

Pros:
    Light
    fairly comfortable
    holds well(atleast for me)
    stays in one spot well

Cons:
    does not stay on with wider belts
    very low ride
    hangs up on cover garments worse then most OWB holsters(would recommend with open jackets only for winter carry)

Over all:
    decent holster till you can get something better, but be aware of limitations.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

I have a Fobus paddle holster for my Glock 17. Bought it for having something quick and cheap to wear under a winter coat. It holds the gun where I want it, but the problem I had was that the molding was too tight, and made it difficult to remove the gun. I still use it to go to the range but I don't trust it to CC duty.
    Last edited by BigFish; June 18th, 2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: typo
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

^ see post # 22

I own about 5 Fobus paddle holsters for my different guns & never an issue with any of them, I spray them down with some silicone spray & buff them down with a lint free cloth & the draw is like butter after that, I do this every once in a whileon them, I love the Fobus holsters & I wear them for my CC on a daily bases. I was considering a Blackhawk Serpa holster but after seeing a police dept review on you tube about them breaking like a cheap piece of plastic junk, I said for get about that.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I own 5 Fobus paddle holsters. One for each Glock that I own and I don't have any issues. I use them very often. The retention, fit and way that mine hold the weapons close make them conceal fine under just a tshirt. I do have to make sure the belt does fit into the belt slot on the paddle but that is what it is there for and it is my responsibility that I use the holster correctly.
    Again, I like and use mine very much and would recomend them for Glock users.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Got a free one once for buying a bunch of crap at a gun shop, tossed it a couple days later.....too cheap! My Serpa on the other hand is awesome!

I have a pancake one for my glock 30. Not too bad. The only drawback for me personally, is that it doesn't have a strap to keep it in the holster. It does stay put, and clicks in, but I would feel better if it had a release button or strap for safety. Other that that, I can't complain.

I have used them since 2000-ish. Had 2 crack and 1 broke a rivet. Only use them for range/practice use. Groke 2 G-17 paddle mag holders. Again only use them for range/practice use.
    Get the best you can afford to defend your life. You want to be around to talk about it, not your friend bad mouthing your cheap equipment for getting you injured or killed.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

they will break off at the paddle,they are junk!!!!!!!

Talk about just about any holster in a public forum like this with thousands of readers, and you are bound to find people that have had issues. It's a $20 holster. Dont expect it to work like a $70 holster.

I have a Fobus paddle holster for my sub P250. The retention is great...a little too much at first as I needed to back off the screw so I could draw the weapon! I have no complaints other than it is not very good for cc unless you have a bigger shirt that hangs pretty low. I carry at the 3:30 position so with a big shirt it isn't so bad; just not as good as an IWB.
    Sig Sauer P250
    Member-GeorgiaCarry.org
    US Navy 84-93

Have you checked out the Blackhawk Serpa holsters? A bit more pricey, but top-notch quality.
    BigRay

Springfield TRP Armory Kote, Springfield Trophy Match, Sig Sauer P220R SAO, Glock 35 with Heinie Slant Pro sights, Springfield Armory XDs 45, S&W Model 29 Mountain Gun, PTR-91F in 7.62mm NATO, Springfield M1A1, Sig 556 Patrol Rifle and Benelli M2 with 10-round magazine

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    Talk about just about any holster in a public forum like this with thousands of readers, and you are bound to find people that have had issues. It's a $20 holster. Dont expect it to work like a $70 holster.
    Yeah, but for $10 more I'd take a Don Hume any day of the week.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links