Fobus Holsters

This is a discussion on Fobus Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anybody here use a Fobus holster for carry or have any good or bad experience they can relay....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fobus Holsters

Fobus Holsters

Anybody here use a Fobus holster for carry or have any good or bad experience they can relay.

2. Remove Ads

I have a paddle holster from them, for a 1911, I don't even think it is good enough for range or woods use. They stick out way too far, the kydex seems a little rough on the finish, and they have had some problems with the holster not being secured very well to the paddle.

If you are looking for a relatively inexpensive holster without wait time, check out the stocking items from High Noon: High Noon Holsters
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I have one for both my M&P and my Sigma. They are ok holsters but suck at any type of real CC duty. They hang low so you would need a longer shirt to hide it. Other than that it holds the gun close and the retention is great.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    they are hit and miss, some are good some are bad, the one for my 642 is amazing, rides close and at good draw height and is comfortable. The one for my XDM, not so much
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

I've had students bring them and more than a few have end up in the trash can in pieces after classes.

I have a few, primarily for compact guns. The paddles are decent for around the house, but allegedly are easy to tear apart by a determined gun-grabber. My biggest problem with them is that the molding to the gun is inaccurate; a holster for a Kahr K40 was so tight I needed two hands to get the gun out.

I used a Fobus belt holster for my Glock 23 in a fairly intense multi-day training, and it worked fine (even in 110 degree heat). It holds the gun pretty close to the body, actually closer than Kydex models from Uncle Mike's and Bladetech. I have no serious complaints considering the very modest cost. It fits a minimum need at a specific price point. Note - that's not a recommendation, but rather a user report.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Senior Moderator
    Seen lots of them fall apart and broken apart far too easily to be considered good holsters. I've also not found one easy to conceal for the types of firearms I carry.

I wouldn't buy one unless they made a serious change that I don't know about yet.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I'm not worried about it breaking during a "gun grabber". If I'm using that holster then no one should know that I have it on.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Low quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    I'm not worried about it breaking during a "gun grabber". If I'm using that holster then no one should know that I have it on.
    Until you happen to bump into something and your gun locked in that quality partial fobus concealed holster go skittering across the floor in front of you.

Never had any issues at all w/ Fobus. Then again I don't consider it a CCW holster by any stretch of the imagination.
    Courage is endurance for one moment more…

Hollowpoints might expand, but bullets won't shrink.

Μολών Λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Until you happen to bump into something and your gun locked in that quality partial fobus concealed holster go skittering across the floor in front of you.
    I have several. They are OK. I have better holsters, but the Fobus works in alot of applications. I can tell you my gun is not going to go "skittering" across the floor from simply bumping into something.
    Glock 22 Gen 4, 27
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Never had any issues with them and have used them for a long time.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Never had any issues with them and have used them for a long time.
    +1

Never lost a gun out of a Fobus holster, never had one even offer to fail, and as gasmitty said, "It holds the gun pretty close to the body, actually closer than Kydex models from Uncle Mike's and Bladetech."

I have seen variations in fit however - not with the same model but for different brands of guns. Some were a bit too loose some were almost perfect fits.

They seem to have a good click lock and release on the gun.

But again, like gasmitty said, that's not a recommendation, just a user report.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Never used that but also never heard good things about it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links