Desantis soft tuck

This is a discussion on Desantis soft tuck within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I want a iwb for my new Ruger LC9. Liked the looks and price of the soft tuck and the fact you can wear it ...

Thread: Desantis soft tuck

Desantis soft tuck

I want a iwb for my new Ruger LC9. Liked the looks and price of the soft tuck and the fact you can wear it crossdraw as well. Anybody have one of these holsters?
    Also, does everyone get pinched when reholstering with a iwb? I tried one at a local shop the other day and when placing the gun into the holster, think it was an Uncle Mikes, I got pinch somehow.

2. Remove Ads

I've got one for my TCP. I used it until I got a mini-tuck or I don't feel like having two clips on me.

Never have been pinched by it. However the thick lip of the holster did rub my waist raw threw a tshirt.

Saw some iwb that have a tall piece next to your body I guess to prevent this from happening. But that looks like it would dig into you if ya had to bend over that side much. Decisions, decisions.

VIP Member
    I avoid soft holsters, especially IWB. Re-holstering one is nearly imposible, and most certainly dagerous, without removing the holster first.

As for your pinch, depending on WHAT was being pinched, a body shield will usually take care of that problem. It won't "dig in" if it is sized properly for your gun. One-size-fits-all holsters should be avoided at all costs in my opinion.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I have a soft tuck for the XD45 compact, like the holster but the fit is a little snug, and re-holstering IS difficult. For the money I do like the holster, esp. the adjustable cant.

Links