What was your very first premium holster..?

This is a discussion on What was your very first premium holster..? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mine was a Black Ops from Rocky for my M&P 45...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What was your very first premium holster..?

Mine was a Black Ops from Rocky for my M&P 45
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

2. Remove Ads

My first premium holster was a Milt Sparks VMII made for a G26. It is excellent!

My first custom molded leather holster (which is what I assume you mean by "premium") was a pancake holster for my Steyr M40 made by Mark Waldon when he lived in Wichita Kansas (probably early 2001) ... unfortunately Mark no longer makes gun leather (although I believe he's moved back to Texas ... good for him :D ).

I still carry with this holster (modified to IWB and carrying an S40 now) pretty much daily.

front_back.jpg

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    For leather, from the early 2000s, a couple of 1911 holsters by Rankin Saddlery and Mernickle Holsters. Neither of these had fancy tooling or was particularly deeply molded, but they even smelled of quality, which could be easily verified by the stitching.

For "nylon," a HSGI drop-leg rig, also dating to around that time.

Crossbreed supertuck. Hand made and horsehide. I consider it a "premium" holster and would recommend it to anyone.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    I don't know if it would be considered 'premium', but the first IWB I ordered for my Kel-tec PF-9 was a Biachi 100 Professional. It is quite comfortable.

I'm currently waiting on my CrossBreed QwikClip for the same pistol.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by LINKS2K View Post
    I have only owned two premium holsters and both have been Milt Sparks VMII.
    This

beauty and the beasts

I bought two CrossBreed holsters for my Glock 19 (both also fit my G26). One was an IWB supertuck and the other an OWB slide. They are really ugly but interestingly they work very very well. They are comfortable, secure and my draw from concealment is under two seconds. But, I wanted to make a fashion statement and my wife got me a custom leather holster that is an IWB/OWB convertible for $180 - made just for my G19. It looked gorgeous with polished black leather and bright shiny chrome adjustment screws. Unfortunately it doesn't work very well. I had to loosen up the IWB loops by soaking them in hot water; I had to do a combat cut on the sweat guard (taking a knife to a $180 holster is not to be done lightly); and it still doesn't draw as fast as my ugly CrossBreed holstgers either IWB or OWB. I think I have learned my lesson here.... I'm sticking with CrossBreed for my Kahr PM9 holsters.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    The 1st holster that I didn't want to get all dirtied up was when I ordered my IWB holster from Adams holster.

Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Mine was a Ted Blocker shoulder holster.
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

My first holster was a Summer Special from Milt Sparks back in 1984 for my Beretta 92 SB pistol, & I am still using it today, A great piece of workmanship in that holster.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links