Starter Holster?

This is a discussion on Starter Holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I've been taking you guy's advice and I'm probably going to eventually get a HBE holster but I'm going to need something to use ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starter Holster?

Starter Holster?

So I've been taking you guy's advice and I'm probably going to eventually get a HBE holster but I'm going to need something to use to help me get a feel for what I want and to carry my weapon in for the next 3-5 months. What's a good intermediate level holster that I could get at a local store or online?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by rvacoastie
    So I've been taking you guy's advice and I'm probably going to eventually get a HBE holster but I'm going to need something to use to help me get a feel for what I want and to carry my weapon in for the next 3-5 months. What's a good intermediate level holster that I could get at a local store or online?
    I'm no expert on holsters by any means but if you already think you know what holster you will be getting why are you looking for something else? Is the holster you planning to get on 3 to 5 month backorder? If not, I would get that holster and use that as a starting point.

It is custom and would take 3-5 months(and around $100) to make. I hve no problem either waiting that long or paying that much...just would like to try some stuff out first.

Galco

I'd go with a Galco. Check out their website: www.usgalco.com
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Check with Sam, about a McDanial II and then you'll have two great holsters. http://www.andrewsleather.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rvacoastie
    It is custom and would take 3-5 months(and around $100) to make. I hve no problem either waiting that long or paying that much...just would like to try some stuff out first.
    I stand corrected then.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    What's your carry weapon???
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

I like Comp-Tac. Do you prefer leather or kydex? If leather there are several mass produced brands out there. Others will know better. I'm ordering an In-cognito Deluxe from Mark Garrity.

Exclamation +1!

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45
    I'd go with a Galco. Check out their website: www.usgalco.com
    +1 on the Galco. I love the "Concealable" model. I have several.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Don Hume H721 OT, I carry my Sig P226 in one every day, I prefer it to the Galco models.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    - Edmund Burke

Lightbulb Don Hume is good too...

Quote Originally Posted by absit
    Don Hume H721 OT, I carry my Sig P226 in one every day, I prefer it to the Galco models.
    I have one of these holsters (open top) for my Sig P245 and it's a very comfortable carry.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

You might look at one of Galco or DeSantis' 3-slot pancake holsters. They allow you to choose a vertical or a canted carry position. Ordinarily, I think the extra belt slot is awful (extra leather), but if you're trying to decide on a holster, I think the choice of carry positions will help you decide better for your high-end holster.

But any of the standard 2-slot pancake rigs work well...most are forward (FBI) cant. Just browse Galco, Desantis, Bianchi, etc., and choose one that looks good for you. Or, better, go see what the local gun stores and cop shops have in stock and try one or two out.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalKracker
    Check with Sam, about a McDanial II and then you'll have two great holsters. http://www.andrewsleather.com/
    +1 on that holster, my favorite. He has some standard pistol models more or less in stock and ready for delivery after a little work. Or at least he did last time I talked to him!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr
    +1 on that holster, my favorite. He has some standard pistol models more or less in stock and ready for delivery after a little work. Or at least he did last time I talked to him!
    Usually within three weeks, most of the time sooner. Give him a call and he will usually be pretty darn close to when he says.

Is the H721 IWB or OWB?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links