Bulman Gunleather

Bulman Gunleather

This is a discussion on Bulman Gunleather within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would like some input from people that have/had holsters from Bulman Gunleather. I was looking at their QRH holster, which is like Ritchie's CQ-QR ...

Bulman Gunleather

I would like some input from people that have/had holsters from Bulman Gunleather. I was looking at their QRH holster, which is like Ritchie's CQ-QR and Alessi's CQC-S. How is their products compared to these two companies and which one would you purchase.

Well his stuff is quality...but his wait times and communication I hear are horrendous. The stuff from Ritchie Leather is very nice and the wait times very acceptable. My buddy just bought an IWB rig. Skip Ritchie is an old protege of Lou Alessi. Word is the "new" Alessi shop since Lous passing is not as good of a quality.

If that is the type of holster you are looking for, I recommedn the Ritchie, or the Mitch Rosen Premier, or the UBG Regulator. I personally have the Premier for a Sig p228 and it is very well mad and conceals great. Fits so well the gun has an audible "click" when seating in the leather.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

JD
    Administrator
    I don't think Bulman is even taking orders at the moment...

Sent via Tapatalk...and still using real words.

sgb
    I have a Bulman SDS and the holster is AWESOME. However as has been said, Jason isn't taking any orders right now.

Waited 9 months on this...........

"There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

JD
    Administrator
    Also, check out 5Shot leather, very nice stuff as well with a little Alessi influence.

OOH forgot about 5 Shot..... their stuff is nice.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Thanks for the info on the holsters guys, I really appreciate it. The reason why I was looking at Bulman Gunleather was because "Heirloom Precision" has both Bulman Gunleather and 5 shot Leather products instock.

Here is their link: Heirloom Precision

I don't have any experience with Bulman, but it looks like quality stuff. If it doesn't pan out with them, I have a holster made by this maker (enhanced high ride). It is probably the finest holster I've ever owned and would not hesitate to order another from him. His turn around time when I ordered was about 3 weeks, which was astounding considering the quality of holster that arrived. I cannot describe how pleased I was (still am a year later) with it; it is practically perfect. You might take a look and consider his snap mount holster model, which appears to be equivalent to what you are looking at. He is old school when it comes to ordering, but he's a great guy and a real professional to deal with. You'd be hard pressed to find anything other than positive comments anywhere about him or his work: Tauris Holsters, L.L.C. - Custom Leather

Josh Bulman is one of the top leather craftsmen out there. I placed a big order with him a while ago and it took 1 year for the order but I knew this ahead of time. His PDL IWB is the most comfortable IWB that I have used. I have owned some 5-shot leather and it was very nice but given the choice, I would pick Josh's gear especially if it is in stock ready for delivery.

Josh Bulman leather is on par with Matt Del Fatti leather. I would not say that about any other holster maker I have had the pleasure of doing business with.
    All of those mentioned here and a long list of others, included.

Links