pistol wear holsters?

pistol wear holsters?

This is a discussion on pistol wear holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey i was just wondering if anyone has a pistol wear holster and if they could give me any info or their thoughts on them. ...

Thread: pistol wear holsters?

pistol wear holsters?

Hey i was just wondering if anyone has a pistol wear holster and if they could give me any info or their thoughts on them. I am currently carrying a taurus millenium pro 45 iwb or fobus but i work construction and i need a little more deep cover as well as keep my gun a little cleaner. It looks similar to the smartcarry but it looks a little more comfy, any info is appreciated tia.
    WALK SOFTLY AND CARRY A BIG GUN!

A GUN IS LIKE LIFE INS. YOU ONLY NEED IT TO PAY OFF ONCE

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    i have a couple different styles ( full and a narrow cut) for when i fit students. they are about as popular as ankle holster. which is to say virtually ever one quits with them in a week or less. they require daily washing and lose their elasticity within a few months. it works well with a slim and light gun ( p380 type) but anything heavier drags em down. YMMV
    the pro 145 weighs like 23 ounces--thats on the heavy side, advertising aside.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

I have one. As stated, its good for slim, light pistols, but not for heavier guns. I use it for my PM9 and its fine. It's a good solution for when you arent wearing a proper belt and holster. If you spend time doing anything "active", its a good way to go. The neoprene keeps your sweat off of your gun, but the flipside is that you will sweat like a pig under the holster since it doesnt breathe. It doesnt offer a very quick draw, but its not bad, and you can practice to the point where it isnt too much slower than a proper OWB holster.

I wouldnt use it for an every day holster, but its great when you run out in your gym shorts and a t-shirt. IMO, its worth the $$ so long as it isnt your only holster.

Wife uses the Pt-1 for her Taurus PT709 Slim.She doesnt wear it as shown in the video though,she found this way to just didnt work,She wears it much higher up,more around her adbdomen.This way it provides much better concealment and security but it takes a little practice drawing.
    I would rather die standing up than live life on my knees.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    The neoprene keeps your sweat off of your gun, but the flipside is that you will sweat like a pig under the holster since it doesnt breathe. It doesnt offer a very quick draw, but its not bad, and you can practice to the point where it isnt too much slower than a proper OWB holster.

I wouldnt use it for an every day holster, but its great when you run out in your gym shorts and a t-shirt. IMO, its worth the $$ so long as it isnt your only holster.
    I just got one a few weeks ago and I agree, you will sweat under it. I think it's great for jogging around the neighborhood, but not really meant for daily wear.

I've never tried one but I've also read that people don't stick with them, If you going for deep conceal I'd recommend SmartCarry. It's extremely comfortable you don't have to wash it all the time and it can take a beating. I'm a Telecom tech so I'm always outdoors in heat and cold climbing, squatting, twisting, working on all fours, sometimes laying on my stomach while working and it's never an issue. It's the only way I can comfortably work while carrying.

What holster is best for jogging wife

Review of PT-One holster.

It is not made to be worn as low as the Smart Carry, but if you are wearing a tool belt it might work well. It disappears under a t-shirt. If you are working outside and sweating your ass off, then this holster might work for you. It keeps the gun dry for sure.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Sponsored Links