Need help on cover garments.

This is a discussion on Need help on cover garments. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Go to the mall and look at Tommy Bahama shirts. Find some you like and put them back on the rack. Then go looking for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help on cover garments.

Go to the mall and look at Tommy Bahama shirts. Find some you like and put them back on the rack. Then go looking for similar shirts without the price tag. You can find nice silk Hawaiian style shirts in solid colors or nice patterns for around $30 that are nice enough that you look business casual. That does it for me. Add a wife beater underneath for comfort from the gun butt against your skin and you are all set.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    seems some nice button down retro hot rod shirts untucked would look alright in a car audio setting. Can't let the Mrs. win em all anyway.
    And there are several versions of those that look great at Dunlap's...... old cars, hot rods, motorcycles, etc. I bought several a few weeks back and they work perfect. Squared bottoms with a thicker material that you can't see through make them ideal for concealed carry.

Thanks for all the great replies, Im abotu to head to the mall with my list and see what works out. I might wind up giving smart carry a try.

Thanks again for yalls info, was MUCH needed.

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    Hey DR you hae a very nice looking daughter!
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Jimmy
    Hey DR you hae a very nice looking daughter!
    That's what they all say. Having young wives runs in my family. I am 8 years 7 months and 6 days older than Leah. My father was 6 years older than my mother and his father was 10 years older than his mother.

It helps to keep you young. In my case though she has kept her youthful appearance. She plays the piano for the college small singing ensemble and is always asked what year she is. We married 28 years ago and she was over 21 at the time.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Assistant Administrator
    I really stretched out George with my second time around!!

Bonnie is a whole 14 1/2 years younger than me! It's good to know I can finish my years with the ultimate friend and companion.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    I got George beat but not chris I am 10 years older than my wife.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by spud
    Thanks for all the great replies, Im abotu to head to the mall with my list and see what works out. I might wind up giving smart carry a try.

Thanks again for yalls info, was MUCH needed.
    You might look at the PagerPal. I've been carrying a PPK/S in a PagerPal everyday all day. The draw is kinda slow, but I can't risk being made at work either. It's a trade off there, but it is completely comfortable for all day carry, and really deep concealment. I just bought a Smith&Wesson CS45 and am waiting for the new PagerPal holster to arrive. The Cheifs Special is slightly larger than the PPK/S, but I hope it carrys as well.

And no I don't work for PagerPal, just really pleased with the product.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    I discussed this in a thread last week. I often carry a 642 in a smart carry at 2-3 o'clock. almost behind the front pocket. You can tuck your shirt in and wear whatever you want. I really think a smart carry would be a good investment for you. and Charlie gives a money back guarantee. If you search back a week or so in the threads, I wear this setup in a wedding in front of 300-400 of our closest friends.
    Then on tuesday I got called into the office unexpectedly, and wore this setup in the office seeing patients. no problems. I usually wear a polo shirt tucked in, with dockers or dress pants.
    good luck.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Dickies shirt untucked one size large. This will work great and once you iron it well very professional for your shop environment. Head to Wally World.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

I want to second the pleated Dockers with the SmartCarry. I wear tucked in Polo's and Dockers with a S&W Sigma .40 with 4 inch barrel with an extra mag, and I've not had any problems with comfort. The pleates on the Dockers give a little extra concealment from the print of the grip on a large pistol.

I also have a smaller one that I carry my KAHR PM40, extra mag, and can also slide in my SureFire E2E, wtih no problems.

I have wondered if the people crunching little Ed and the boys is because they are wearing it too tight, and too high? I also have a slim build (IN THE WAIST), maybe that is the reason it is comfortable for me. I have no problems sitting down, bending over, reaching, etc. I have even fallen asleep wearing the SmartCarry.

I can't wear IWB holsters with the Polo's tucked in because as another poster said it just sticks out on the belt line. You can spot it from 30 feet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links