Question about molding/remolding a holster:

This is a discussion on Question about molding/remolding a holster: within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I need advice please. I have a brand new custom leather holster without the thumb safety molded, and I would like to mold it. Can ...

Thread: Question about molding/remolding a holster:

GM [OP]

Question Question about molding/remolding a holster:

I need advice please. I have a brand new custom leather holster without the thumb safety molded, and I would like to mold it. Can someone tell me how to do it without leaving any marks? Thanks for all your help
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

2. Remove Ads

Can you send a picture? Also, if the leather is sealed it may make it more difficult. Generally, you wet the leather, then insert the UNLOADED pistol. Once the moisture content is right (subjective) use your thumb to push the leather around the safety. Let dry. I recommend putting the rig on your vehicles dash board to take advantage of the solar heat. You only want it to get up to say 130 degrees max for about 45 minutes. If the Leather will take the initial water, should work.
    Jeff
    NRA Life Member

Like haystacker said,but I would just wet the leather at the point you need to form it,then you can use your thumb,or eveen the curved bottom on a spoon and with a little pressure work the lether around the safety,also make sure the safety is in the on position when molding it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I would contact the maker to get a recommendation. If the holster is sealed you may not be able to remold it at all.

Links